New Jersey

Ceremony at venue...Transportation ideas?

Hi Ladies,

I am having my ceremony ay my venue and I don't know what to do about transportation.  We are not doing limo's for the bridal party for this reason.  However, I don't know how I am going to get there with my mom and 1 of my BM's who will be with me the morning of.  

Bride's who were or will be in this situation, can you tell me what you did or are planning to do?  did you drive yourself? get a ride from friend or family member? get car service?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony at venue...Transportation ideas?

• HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Even though our ceremony and reception are at the same venue I still rented a party bus. I did this so we can all be together and so we can go take pictures beforehand.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • mchristian05mchristian05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_ceremony-venuetransportation-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:c5dcff2d-ffaa-4e83-97ef-a0b907e41265Post:2f7aab26-47f5-42a5-9938-a5cbc57b0b4d">Re: Ceremony at venue...Transportation ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Even though our ceremony and reception are at the same venue I still rented a party bus. I did this so we can all be together and so we can go take pictures beforehand.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

We are taking all of our pics at the venue.  I will have my hair and makeup done but will be getting dressed there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • altimat873altimat873 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are actually taking a shuttle fom our hotel because we are getting ready in the bridal suite, pix, ceremony and reception are all at the same place.
  • edited December 2011

I had my grandfather pick us up and drive us because he has the nicest car.  My bridesmaids also drove themselves. I sat in my parents focus with the dog hair on the seat to get to pictures.  It was classy. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What's the big deal if you drive there yourself or with someone else? It's not like anyone is going to see you....unless you're saying it's very far from where you live or your hotel? We are getting married at a hotel and I am going to be getting my hair done in the morning and then driving to the hotel to get my make-up done and get dressed. It's only 15 minutes from my house, so it's really not a big deal.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're taking a shuttle from the hotel where we're staying afterwards.

But I get not wanting to drive yourself, it feels like more of a fancy event if you are driven!  Where are you staying that night?  If you're staying at a hotel with other friends/family, maybe have one of them drive you, but if you're staying alone at your house, then have your mom or BM drive you, then have FI drive himself then he'd drive you back home..
    ExerciseMilestone image
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback!  It is only 15 min or so from my house.  I will probably end up having someone drive us.  Just wanted to get an idea of what everyone else did.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have this same dilemma too.  I was just going to drive to the venue and get dressed in the bridal suite there.  But we can also drive to the hotel then get a shuttle to the venue so we will have our cars at the hotel.  But I would rather get dressed in the bridal suite at the venue then get ready in the hotel. 

I really don't think its a big deal to just drive yourself to the venue.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_ceremony-venuetransportation-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:c5dcff2d-ffaa-4e83-97ef-a0b907e41265Post:bb6d9ac4-128c-4dcd-bbf9-f7bf5103cde7">Re: Ceremony at venue...Transportation ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have this same dilemma too.  I was just going to drive to the venue and get dressed in the bridal suite there.  But we can also drive to the hotel then get a shuttle to the venue so we will have our cars at the hotel.  But I would rather get dressed in the bridal suite at the venue then get ready in the hotel.  I really don't think its a big deal to just drive yourself to the venue.
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree.  I am getting dressed in the bridal suite at my venue.  The only problem with driving myself....we are taking the shuttle back to the hotel after the reception.  My FI is staying in the hotel the night before the wedding so we will have his car to go home in the day after the wedding.  These little details are so time consuming...LOL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_ceremony-venuetransportation-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:c5dcff2d-ffaa-4e83-97ef-a0b907e41265Post:3ed4e7c2-8eab-4550-a3b7-75c0699615c5">Re: Ceremony at venue...Transportation ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ceremony at venue...Transportation ideas? : Yes, I agree.  I am getting dressed in the bridal suite at my venue.  The only problem with driving myself....we are taking the shuttle back to the hotel after the reception.  My FI is staying in the hotel the night before the wedding so we will have his car to go home in the day after the wedding.  These little details are so time consuming...LOL!
    Posted by mchristian05[/QUOTE]

Then see if your mom or BM can drive the 3 of you.  Take the shuttle back that night and have your FH drive your mom back the morning after to get her car.  I am sure out of all of the people going someone can drive her back the next day that is what we are probably going to do. 
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • altimat873altimat873 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, these smalls details get very time consuming
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our ceremony at our venue and getting ready in the bridal suite and will probably take a shuttle to the venue, take pictures at the venue and then take the shuttle back to the hotel after the reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am not getting limos.  Both my fiance and I are getting ready @ the hotel (Hilton) across the street in suites and taking the shuttle over.  The pics will be in the suites and @ the venue and around the area of the venue.  We are getting married @ the Newark Club; there are tons of great backdrops in the area that we are looking forward to using.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards