Georgia-Savannah

Headed that way soon...

Are there any must sees?  We really have no plan at all other than a maybe date of Oct 2012.

I want to see the Wedding Chapel, the Guard House (if we go with Tybee Island Weddings), Marlin Monroes, and 10 Downing.  I really think 10 Downing would be perfect for us, but it's in Savannah and not on the beach.  Being on a very tight budget is hard!  We have $7000 and that is for everything... dresses, photos, our trip down there, etc

Re: Headed that way soon...

• edited December 2011
    check out driftwood beach on jekyll island - that's where I'm getting hitched. :)  I hear it's beautiful!  Also check out the Sea Turtle Center.  Are you looking for venue's, wedding packages or just to sight see?

*note - I found an awesome all inclusive package with beach ceremony, officiant, photos, flowers and 2 night hotel stay with a few perks for a really decent price.  I'm not doing my reception there but lots of packages to meet your budget!  Just surf the net or look me up.  :) I've done a lot of net research for wedding packages...lol!
    Created by Wedding Favors
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Go check out the lighthouse.  I've seen several beautiful weddings out there.  There is usually a tent for the reception.  October would be great weather for that. 
    Across the street from the lighthouse is a place called the Tybee Light Shrine Club.  It's run by the Shriners. It is built into part of the old Fort Screven.  The top floor is a social club where wedding receptions are often held.  It's fairly inexpensive. There are beautiful views of the beach and bay.  I would look into that as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    @Islandbeachbride... I would love to have everything together since this is a destination wedding.  

@Iluvmy... I have the shrine club marked off but I can't remember why.  I'll have to look at it again.
  • edited December 2011
    Well, actually I can't find any emails so maybe that's why I didn't write down the Shrine Club
  • edited December 2011

Check your private messages - I sent you LOTS of info.  :)

Created by Wedding Favors
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello! I'm interested in an elopement ceremony in the area as well. Would you mind sharing the all-inclusive information with me also?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards