Getting in Shape

Getting Married in September starting South Beach Diet After the New Year

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here had done the South Beach Diet and if so if they could give me their thoughts on it.

Thanks in advance,
Amy

Re: Getting Married in September starting South Beach Diet After the New Year

• Personally I like calorie counting because to me it's very simple.  I allow myself X number of calories per day and if I go over one day I need to cut down the next day.  I think a lot of diets get too complicated with what you are and are not allowed to eat.  And then if you slip and eat something that you're not supposed to eat, you feel like you've failed.  And it also makes it more difficult if you are travelling or eating out.  But I have seen people get good results with South Beach.  I think it's really just about finding something that works for you and that you can stick to.  Don't forget you need to keep the weight off once you lose it so you can't just go back to eating the way you used to (i.e. find a diet that doesn't feel like a "diet").
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • south beach s a great diet. Look online there used to be a south beach diet forum that was free and very informative also on food.com (which used to be recipezarr.com) there are a tone of recipes.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've lost weight on SB--and never felt hungry when I followed it properly.  The only problem I have is that I don't eat eggs and eggs are a major portion of breakfast on most low-carb breakfast.  I ate a lot of mozzarella and bell peppers (mmmm) for breakfast.
    C+D, Four kids, two kids-in-law, four grandkids
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards