Rhode Island

simply dainty

Hi has anyone bought thier headpieces or veils from here? I fell in love with both from there, but for both pieces and a decorative comb to go on the side of the head piece came to $385. My aunt is willing to buy it for me, but I feel bad making her spend so much on my headpiece. Is that a good price? I haven't really looked around at other places, so I'm not sure. Where did you get yours from? And, how much?
Thanks for your help.

Re: simply dainty

• Karen G.Karen G. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am just doing a hair piece and went the etsy route. I worked with Jenny Wyble (jennypickle) to create a custom piece I absolutely LOVE. We banged it all out in about two weeks (right before Christmas no less) and it was really inexpensive compared to other vendors.

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=23460192 < My piece.

If you like the pieces, you could always buy it and try to sell it after the wedding.

Good luck!
  • AmyRIAmyRI member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my hair comb at Simply Dainty. While their prices aren't great, they're definitely not bad. All the stuff the had was comprable pricing to the bridal shops around that sold similar things. I paid around $90, there are pictures in my bio of it. What are the pieces you like made of? Almost $400 sounds like a lot for 3 pieces. But I guess that depends on what they're made of and their size.

I would recommend picking up a veil someplace else. You can get them cheap on ebay or the Trash To Treasure board on The Nest now that you know what you want. That will be the easiest thing to find somewhere else and get cheaper.

GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my vintage earrings there, my pearl and rhinestone headband and my veil. I think I paid around $450 for all of it and I love them all. Great quality! I was treated so well there too!
  • edited December 2011
    That does sound really expensive.  I'd keep looking, but I really did like the store and bought my earrings and a bracelet there. 
  • mam217mam217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my veil and comb there as well.I have a cathedral length veil embellished with Swarovski crystals as well as a Swarovski crystal hair piece that the veil will attach to in the back.I paid $290 in total and thought it was a pretty good deal for what I was getting.
  • edited December 2011

I would not do business with Simply Dainty if they were giving stuff away.  I had my appointment on Saturday and Eileen was one of the rudest vendors I've ever met!!  She said insulting things to my two bridesmaids that were with me and was very pushy.  Her stuff, in my opinion is nothing special.  In fact, she kept commenting that she could hand-make pieces to our liking so many times that we decided to make the jewelry ourselves!!!  She wanted $60 per bracelet for the three bracelets and she didn't give us prices for earrings.  We went to Michael's and bought beads and supplies  and spent about $45 dollars in total for the three bracelets and three sets of earrings. 
    Save your money, give your business to someone else!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards