Favors

Cupcake labels

We are doing cupcakes in a jar for our favors 50 gingerbread with cream cheese icing and 50 sugar cookie with plum filling. I was wondering, should I label them as "Gingerbread" and "Sugarplum" or use their full descriptions? The jars are small mason jars which you can see the cupcake through. Thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cupcake labels

• I think just Gingerbread and Sugarplum would be fine. And they both sound delicious!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • In Response to Re:Cupcake labels:[QUOTE]I think just Gingerbread and Sugarplum would be fine. And they both sound delicious! Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I got very lucky when I stumbled across the lady taking care of these cupcakes. All that she bakes melts in your mouth.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Cupcake labels:[QUOTE]I've seen this idea online a lot and I've always wondered how you get the cupcake OUT of the jar without a huge mess?But I think Gingerbread and Sugarplum are fine, but I wouldn't expect everyone to take one since those are both very specific, and uncommon, flavors. nbsp; Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

We are sterilizing the jars and then putting the cupcakes directly into the jar. We plan on providing little plastic spoons for everyone so they can just eat it out if the jar. We are also having a photo booth which is doubling as a different favor and as our guest book.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_cupcake-labels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:963bbace-6d40-408f-bc4f-ed73c0e191cfPost:a028d5a3-81ee-4e54-a249-42150917b1b1">Re: Cupcake labels</a>:
    [QUOTE] I wouldn't expect everyone to take one since those are both very specific, and uncommon, flavors.  
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

<div>This is a good point. Our cupcake flavors were Almond Amaretto, Lemon Dream, and Strawberry. I initially wanted all 3 to be "exotic" or "unusual" flavors like the Amaretto, but my dad pointed out that not everybody likes that kind of stuff, so we included the simpler flavors as well. </div>
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • With the photobooth, you should be more than covered for those who don't want a cupcake favor.  I, on the other hand, would have a hard time choosing between Gingerbread and Sugarplum!  Laughing  Sounds delicious!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_cupcake-labels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:963bbace-6d40-408f-bc4f-ed73c0e191cfPost:42e05da6-8061-4467-b579-f6e46da8de5f">Re: Cupcake labels</a>:
    [QUOTE]With the photobooth, you should be more than covered for those who don't want a cupcake favor.  I, on the other hand, would have a hard time choosing between Gingerbread and Sugarplum!    Sounds delicious!!!
    Posted by reppunzel[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thanks! I know the flavors are unusual, but we're serving full dinner and three different cake flavors & fillings (pound cake & boston cream pie, lemon cake & raspberry filling, and the biggest layer is marble cake with fudge filling). So between the cake & cupcakes, hopefully everyone will be covered!

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards