African American Weddings
Options

New Wives Advice for Brides-To-Be

Ladies that just recently got married..

What items or advice would you give to us Brides-To-Be that you feel strongly that we MUST include the day of the wedding (at the venue), planning wise a few days before the wedding, or even post wedding??

Any advice would be helpful :)

Re: New Wives Advice for Brides-To-Be

• Options
    ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    the only advice I can think of right now is don't sweat the small stuff and act as if the day is supposed to happen like it is happening. My day  had a few snafus in it but because I was very calm (my BMs and MUA couldn't believe I was so calm!) no one knew that some things were messed up that day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My advice would to enjoy your day.. Some things I wanted to happen didn't but nobody knew it. Alot of my guests came up to me and told how they enjoyed everything and how everything was really nice.. 
    If you have enough in the budget do get a videographer.. We got our video in the mail and it allowed us to re-live the day without the chaos..lol!!!
    Also, if you can relax the day before.

Everything willl  be Awesome!

Crystal
    Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is a great topic - it should be a "sticky"...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I married my soulmate on 10-3-10 :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree...don't sweat the small stuff. There are things that will not go according to plan, but don't let them ruin your day. Get as much done as possible so that you cn have a relaxing wdding day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Day of- at the venue:  you might want a designated person (mom, DOC, or responsible friend) to have a copy of all you contracts, a cheat sheet with vendor contact #'s and a copy of your wedding day timelime. Try to ensure that the venue, DJ and MC (any vendors applicable) have a copy of the wedding day timeline. This way they know what's going on next and you and FI don't have to re-explain while you are trying to enjoy yourselves. Enjoy the moments and like pp said, don't sweat the small stuff.

Pre-wedding: A checklist always helps. I find it easier to write things down.  Everyone's weddding plans are different so I typed up a checklist w/ a few reminders from TK and a few of my own reminders.

Post Wedding:  as you open gifts, write everything down- because thank you's are time consuming and you want to mention the gift in your thank you. If I could do it over, I would have had address labels ready for my thank you's.

Not Related- but i strongly recommend a video. It's not on  most ppl's priority list- but the day day goes by so quickly- it's easy to miss a lot.
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the advice...this really helps :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah this should be a sticky
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards