North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Reasonable hair/makeup artist!?!?

Ladies I need some help.... I've been starting to look at the prices for having a hair and makeup artist come to my wake forest venue in June 2011 and the prices seem ridiculous!!!!!

I would need  the following:

My hair/makeup
mother/mother-in-law just makeup (very simple)
hair/makeup for 6 bridesmaids (very simple and quick things, not really updos)

What would a reasonable price be for all this? Does anyone know anybody with good prices or somebody starting out who has lower prices?

Re: Reasonable hair/makeup artist!?!?

• CamandLukeCamandLuke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try one of the beauty schools in the area!  Miller Motte or I think there's a Paul Mitchell School as well...
  • edited December 2011
    If you're doing it really simple it would be best if your girls all did their own hair. Same with makeup since it looks like you're doing elegant simple. Another thing is that you could do a trial run at a salon(cheaper) with a BM and then your BM could recreate the look from the salon your wedding day. Also try going to bridal expos like the Forever Bridal on the 18th where they do demonstrations and give out sheets showing the prices.

So far the lowest I've seen for a salon is 45 per head on the day of the wedding and trial runs would be 25
  • edited December 2011
    Check out www.atrendychic.weebly.com. They did hair at my wedding and a friends wedding. They were wonderful to work with.
  • edited December 2011
    We went to the bridal show last weekend and estee salon was there. They were taking donations for St. Jude's for hair and make up. They also did all the models for the fashion shows. You can either go into the salon or they will come out to you.
    Krysti did my hair and make up - amazing job!

The price list they gave us was:
    Bridal Updo from $75
    Updo/Evening $45-65
    Mineral Makeup $55
    Aorbrush Makeup $65
    Temp Eyelash Ext $25
    Perm Eyelast Ext $225
    Pedicure and Manicure $60

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards