Hawaii
Options

Ceremony before Old Lahaina Luau

Hello ladies! 

I'm new to the board and would like some of your expert advice :) FI and I are getting married on November 10th, 2011 and that night, we will be going to the Old Lahaia Luau in lieu of a reception. I would like to have the ceremony somewhere relatively close to Lahaina so that our guests do not have to travel too far between locations. Any suggestions on where we could hold the ceremony?! Smile

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony before Old Lahaina Luau

• Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Why not have the ceremony at the grounds of the luau before the actual show starts?  Or were you looking for a beach ceremony?  Old Lahaina Luau has wedding packages.
    http://www.thebeginningmaui.com/packages.html

Welcome to the board!  Hope to hear more about your plans!
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh, I actually may be in Maui that day!  My cousin is an 11-11-11 bride at the Botanical Gardens in Maui.  I agree with Lyn, you could have your wedding at the OLL, or you could do a simple beach ceremony beforehand to save money.  There's not much point in renting an expensive venue just for the ceremony. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What a great venue for a wedding dinner reception!

If I am correct, there is about an hour before the Luau for learning Hawaiian customs.  Why not ask the people who run the Luau if they have any ideas?  Like having a Hawaiian wedding ceremony on their property.

Aloha!
  • Options
    Ready2wed11Ready2wed11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What a small world. We are getting Married in Maui on November 11th and that night we are having our "reception" at the Old Lahaina Luau. Crazy. We are having a beah ceremony at the Makena Cove, whih is about an hour drive. That might be too far for you though. We are just all carpooling to the Luau. I would recommend a beach ceremony, because you can get some cheap packages and it's beautiful on the sand. Good luck with everything. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Information on weddings at the Old Lahaina Luau can be found on the Old Lahaina Luau web site or Traditionalhawaiianweddings.com. Good luck happy couple.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards