Catholic Weddings

Happy Monday!

How was everyone's weekend?  Mine was fine, but nothing super exciting.  It's just good to spend time with H :)

H is still on the job hunt, and while I am not anywhere near a point of resenting him for not working, he's getting to the point of being really down about it.  He keeps assuring me he's okay, but I can tell he's feeling sad.  I'd love some prayers sent his way, if anyone is looking for intentions :) 

Re: Happy Monday!

• Prayers headed your way, Resa. I know how hard job hunts can be.

My weekend was pretty good. Saturday, we had a family memorial service, which ended up being a really nice day. C was very good everywhere but the car, where she wore herself out enough to sleep through Saturday night! Yesterday was a quiet, low-key day.

This morning I "taught" C the Macarena and she was smiling like crazy! Pretty much made my day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Awww, C sounds like such a sweetie!   I am so happy for you that you have a healthy, happy baby girl!  I can't wait until we get to start a family...babies are the best!  I'm sure it doesn't seem so fun during a 3 am feeding, but overall, I'd say being a Mom seems like one of the most rewarding jobs ever!

• Oh Resa I totally here ya!! DH and I are having a really hard time TTA right now.  Actually he wants to TTC and I'm the one who wants to TTA....but my TTA reasons are running out quickly...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Prayers headed your way Resa!  I know how tough that can be, my FI is still waiting for his office's hours to increase back to full-time, and I know it's really frustrating him. 

Bibliophile - I love hearing your stories about C!  Babies are so wonderful :)

My weekend was really exciting - my best friend got married!  It was kinda hectic on Friday night trying to get things set up, but it all came together beautifully.  They had perfect weather for the outside ceremony, and the dinner and dance were a blast!  Yesterday was spent resting my achy feet and getting the addresses all in order to get our invites sent out this week.
  • Erin, I'm glad your friend's wedding went well!  Isn't it such a different experience to attend a wedding when you're engaged vs before?  It def was for me!

• Planning a wedding certainly changes your perspective. Too much time on TK means it will be a long time before I see weddings quite the same way, but I do enjoy being able to discuss wedding plans articulately (v. "it's yoooooour day!").

H and I had baby fever well before we got married, but had to TTA for the first few months of marriage. Watching our TTA reasons go away and gaining a clear sense that we should TTC/TTW was truly a gift from God. Our prayers were truly answered, in so many ways.

Being parents is still surreal sometimes, but it is such a blessing. I find that I don't mind 3 am feedings so much (poor thing has a tiny tummy and needs to eat). Nights of 3 am feeding + diaper change + spit up + pj change (for both of us!) + now wide-awake baby (and very tired Mommy) are the ones that kill me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_happy-monday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:f61c6242-a86d-46d5-a5ad-ef623510c182Post:1f3b1798-b2e1-41f7-b99b-af8f1386aaaa">Re: Happy Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Erin, I'm glad your friend's wedding went well!  Isn't it such a different experience to attend a wedding when you're engaged vs before?  It def was for me!
    Posted by Resa77[/QUOTE]

Oh definitely!  This one was especially fun, not only because it was my good friend, but since we were engaged at the same time we'd talked a lot about our plans throughout the whole process, so it was really great seeing it all come together. 
  • Biblio, that's really awesome that you had such a good experience moving from TTA to TTC.  I look forward to that time in my marriage.

And thanks everyone for the prayers!

• Thank you for sharing your experience Biblio! If you don't mind me asking how long were you guys married when you started TTC? You don't have to answer, I know that's very personal! :o)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My FI and I completed the FOCCUS inventory this weekend - wow!  It was a bit exhausting going through 160+ questions, but on the (rather long) ride home from the church, we had a great discussion.  We thought we'd already gone over all of the important topics - children, finances, etc. - but neither of us realized how many issues we'd never even considered.  I'm looking forward to the next couple of sessions with the sponsor couple, and it makes this upcoming marriage seem much more real!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Elbow, congrats!  I really enjoyed getting to utilize the FOCCUS inventory as a conversation starter.  We were ridiculously compatible in most areas, but there were a couple areas of tension (mostly involving how much time to spend with his family lol).  One thing I found was that even on things you disagree on, it's kind of empowering to have a really deep understanding of your spouse's beliefs.  Even though H and I disagree, for instance, on race issues (neither is racist; we just disagree on how to handle issues involving racism), I really know his beliefs and therefore feel really good about our relationship, like we're on the same page. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_happy-monday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:f61c6242-a86d-46d5-a5ad-ef623510c182Post:7ef11220-ef52-4cce-90bc-495d86bea2ed">Re: Happy Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you for sharing your experience Biblio! If you don't mind me asking how long were you guys married when you started TTC? You don't have to answer, I know that's very personal! :o)
    Posted by shawna127[/QUOTE]

We were married 4 months, and got pregnant right away. I'd be happy to share some more thoughts/details via PM if you have questions.
  • Kristan, I'm so sorry you were sick this weekend.  That's never fun.  =(

Today marks ONE MONTH until H is done with training!  I am planning on taking off the day after his school is done so we can spend the whole weekend together.  I am so excited!
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_happy-monday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:f61c6242-a86d-46d5-a5ad-ef623510c182Post:9e73757e-eacc-4b4c-9a61-a5c9e394c7f4">Re: Happy Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Elbow, congrats!  I really enjoyed getting to utilize the FOCCUS inventory as a conversation starter.  We were ridiculously compatible in most areas, but there were a couple areas of tension (mostly involving how much time to spend with his family lol).  One thing I found was that even on things you disagree on, it's kind of empowering to have a really deep understanding of your spouse's beliefs.  Even though H and I disagree, for instance, on race issues (neither is racist; we just disagree on how to handle issues involving racism), I really know his beliefs and therefore feel really good about our relationship, like we're on the same page. 
    Posted by Resa77[/QUOTE]

Thanks - that's good to hear!  I know my FI is pretty nervous that somehow the results will come back saying we shouldn't get married, and I keep trying to remind him that the FOCCUS doesn't work that way.  (He's Christian, but not Catholic, so much of this preparation is unfamiliar to him.)  I'll have to mention to him that someone out there had a positive experience with it, even when they weren't in agreement on everything.

Also, prayers for your H with regard to his job search!  I'm obviously relatively new here, so I'm not 100% familiar with the situation, but it sounds like he's lucky to have you standing by him.  That was so helpful to me when I lost my job a few years ago - having my then-boyfriend/now-FI encouraging me in my search for a new position.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_happy-monday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:f61c6242-a86d-46d5-a5ad-ef623510c182Post:7ef11220-ef52-4cce-90bc-495d86bea2ed">Re: Happy Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you for sharing your experience Biblio! If you don't mind me asking how long were you guys married when you started TTC? You don't have to answer, I know that's very personal! :o)
    Posted by shawna127[/QUOTE]

Almost a year, to be exact!  We wanted to start sooner... but had to get some medical tests done before my endocrinologist gave me the go-ahead.  No luck yet... these stupid ridiculously long and weird cycles limit TTC opportunities :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards