Military Brides

Weekend Plans

What are your plans? Halloween costumes in your future?
imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekend Plans

• BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning! My FI got home from his det. yesterday yay! We went out for dinner and just hung out. Today we're going to hit up the commissary and look through our clothes to see if we can come up with any costumes. Tonight I have an inteview for a childcare position. Tomorrow we are going to babysit my friend's 5-year-old because her H just returned from overseas last weekend, so they can go on a date just the two of them! And Sunday, we are going to Hallowscream at Busch Gardens! And on Monday, we will hand out candy to trick-or-treaters.
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tonight is FI's promotion ceremony to 1st Lt!  He actually was promoted several weeks ago, but this is the first chance we had for the ceremony.  He has a general from a local base coming to promote him, so that should be exciting.  I'm wearing a pretty dress today and told my boss I had to go early because FI "is getting an award at school" (my employers don't know FI is military because I don't want them knowing that I'm moving in 36 weeks).

Tomorrow night we have a Halloween party at my cousin's house.  Not sure what my costume will be - probably will pull one out of the ol' costume box from years past.  FI will likely be a clown, since he has no desire to buy a new costume and we have a clown wig somewhere.  Just need a red nose!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    It is one of my very best friend's birthday today.  She was my college roommate and we basically share the same brain.  Tonight we are going to this great sushi place and bless her boyfriends heart he has offered to drive.  Tomorrow we are going to the Firefly Distillery and doing tasting and they are having some sort of band party there all day.  Tomororw night we are putting on our Halloween customes (Laverne & Shirley) for a party.  Oh yeah and a little football! 

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_weekend-plans-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:bc00bc76-974c-4d95-a57a-ac323d620ca3Post:4b2b3e50-5d27-4095-a6d5-ebd0d4ea2a9d">Re: Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tonight is FI's promotion ceremony to 1st Lt!  He actually was promoted several weeks ago, but this is the first chance we had for the ceremony.  He has a general from a local base coming to promote him, so that should be exciting.  I'm wearing a pretty dress today and told my boss I had to go early because FI "is getting an award at school" (my employers don't know FI is military because I don't want them knowing that I'm moving in 36 weeks). Tomorrow night we have a Halloween party at my cousin's house.  Not sure what my costume will be - probably will pull one out of the ol' costume box from years past.  FI will likely be a clown, since he has no desire to buy a new costume and we have a clown wig somewhere.  Just need a red nose!
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

Congrats to your FI!!! YAY that is awesome! 
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm helping out at an elementary school halloween carnival tonight, but I won't get dressed up. I love little kids (for short periods of time)

Then I am studying all weekend for final in my hardest class on Tuesday. Booo
    Photobucket
  • IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm no real plans, which is nice. We haven't had a nothing weekend since before the wedding. I'm making chili and plan to go shopping--I need to perk up my fall wardrobe badly!
  • melbelle24melbelle24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No big plans here. I just have a hard time really caring enough about Halloween to try and get a costume, and I'm not a big party person, especially when FI isn't here. I hate going to them alone. So I guess my plans are to bake cakes and cupcakes for our church Fall Festival Sunday, and otherwise be lazy. Are there any good football games on this weekend?
  • edited December 2011

Congrats to him for making 02! That's awesome news, Calindi. Do they do anything special for the promo? I know when H made 03 they do this thing called a "wetting down" in the Navy. They do it for 02 as well, but he was already an 02 when he got out of the rag and checked into this station.

This weekend we're dressing up and partying up on Capital Hill in Seattle. My girlfriend has an apartment right there in the midst of all the Halloween crazyness so it makes it easy to party since we have a place to crash.

• edited December 2011
    Melbel

1. I feel you. I'm not really motivated to party it up this weekend, but I know we should. I just have never been much of a party person.

2. Any weekend that there is football, is a weekend of good football games ;) tehehehe
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_weekend-plans-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:bc00bc76-974c-4d95-a57a-ac323d620ca3Post:d43c0476-12a8-44aa-a85b-d83e6005a202">Re: Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]Melbel 1. I feel you. I'm not really motivated to party it up this weekend, but I know we should. I just have never been much of a party person. 2<strong>. Any weekend that there is football, is a weekend of good football games ;) tehehehe
    </strong>Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

After last week's game... I gave up on football. />.<  Who loses to a unranked team at home? Oh...Right. =P

But isn't the Bama/LSU game this weekend?
    Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mel- I feel ya. I love Halloween, but since FI was supposed to be gone on a det., I wasn't going to do anything except hand out candy on Monday. Now that they came back early, I'm much more excited!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_weekend-plans-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:bc00bc76-974c-4d95-a57a-ac323d620ca3Post:d43c0476-12a8-44aa-a85b-d83e6005a202">Re: Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]2. Any weekend that there is football, is a weekend of good football games ;) tehehehe
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

Very, very true. I don't know what I was thinking! :) Have fun partying!
  • edited December 2011
    No H, so I'll prob help our his Squad's kids party tonight. It starts at 430 though, kinda early. I'm hoping to make and decorate Sugar Cookies by then though. Plus paint some furniture.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_weekend-plans-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:bc00bc76-974c-4d95-a57a-ac323d620ca3Post:303d71a0-6658-48a8-8a0f-df3e708a8a63">Re: Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekend Plans : After last week's game... I gave up on football. />.<  Who loses to a unranked team at home? Oh...Right. =P But isn't the Bama/LSU game this weekend?
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

Nope, that particular throw down is next Saturday in Tuscaloosa.  They both got a bye week this week by a fluke in the system.. 
    Photobucket
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_weekend-plans-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:bc00bc76-974c-4d95-a57a-ac323d620ca3Post:da16b5c1-4a77-465a-8f05-3ee85013e4f4">Re: Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekend Plans : Nope, that particular throw down is next Saturday in Tuscaloosa.  They both got a bye week this week by a fluke in the system.. 
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]

Dang, I was hoping it was this week! Looking forward to that game for sure.
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_weekend-plans-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:bc00bc76-974c-4d95-a57a-ac323d620ca3Post:3b2708c0-d8c3-4fe8-96f6-b6c6ee19dcf2">Re: Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats to him for making 02! That's awesome news, Calindi. Do they do anything special for the promo? I know when H made 03 they do this thing called a "wetting down" in the Navy. They do it for 02 as well, but he was already an 02 when he got out of the rag and checked into this station.
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

The "wetting down" is when they throw a party with the difference in salary from the first paycheck, yes?  FI went to a few of those when he was at Parris Island.  He's not getting paid right now, so there's no difference in salary.  Instead, we're having the General come do the promotion ceremony (he knows FI through the law school events, as FI has invited him to speak to potential military JAG candidates for the past two years).  After the ceremony, we're going to a local bar for a few drinks.  Most of the students in the military don't get to wear their uniforms much, so they're all looking forward to getting dressed up and going out.  We'll buy the first pitcher, but that's about all we can afford right now!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Hey guys! Congrats to your FI, Calindi! :) As for us, we will be going to the farm tomorrow to look around, pay some wedding bills (eek it's getting soooo close!) and eat bad food. After, we are going to make the jams for our favors! I am hoping that my sister and FI are on board with making the strawberry champagne jam that I want to make so badly! :) That's about it. No dressing up for me after all this weekend.
  • edited December 2011
    Tonight its just us, hanging out and getting our costumes together. The lady I ride for loaned me a mad hatter hat and FI is going to be a hunter, because well he has all that stuff and hunts lol. We've got a Halloween party Saturday night and then we'll probably participate in some of the Florida Georgia festivities. We aren't fans of either, but it'll be fun regardless. I'm really hoping to just take it easy, I'm utterly exhausted today and really need a mental health day but I can't afford to take time off so.. Caffeine is my answer.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    edited December 2011
    H has duty tonight so I don't really have any plans.  We have a really busy week ahead so we need to do some shopping for stuff to wear, but that's about it.  We looked into going to the Seahawks game on Sunday but H and I haven't had a week to just lay on the couch together and watch football with some chili in the crockpot since the season started, so we opted for that instead.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    FI is going hunting tonight and most of tomorrow.  So I have plans to shop for some wedding stuff and other various things.  I'm currently trying to not spend large amounts of money.  So unfortunately I can't go crazy shopping.  Sunday we have our good friend's daughter's first birthday part to attend and then absolutely nothing!

No halloween stuff for us.  We don't even get trick or treaters where we live.  I've never been one for dressing up on halloween or going to parties.  I'm kind of glad FI isn't crazy about it either.
    Photobucket
  • IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_weekend-plans-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:bc00bc76-974c-4d95-a57a-ac323d620ca3Post:dcc62dad-ea15-4ec2-abf2-5e709e7896da">Re: Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekend Plans : The "wetting down" is when they throw a party with the difference in salary from the first paycheck, yes?  FI went to a few of those when he was at Parris Island.  He's not getting paid right now, so there's no difference in salary.  Instead, we're having the General come do the promotion ceremony (he knows FI through the law school events, as FI has invited him to speak to potential military JAG candidates for the past two years).  After the ceremony, we're going to a local bar for a few drinks.  <strong>Most of the students in the military don't get to wear their uniforms much, so they're all looking forward to getting dressed up and going out.  We'll buy the first pitcher, but that's about all we can afford right now!</strong>
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]
    Aww love this!! Hey it still counts AND you get to dress up!!! Have fun! H won't screen again for years, boo. I want to party!
  • divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats to your FI Cal, and glad he's home Binx.

I have no plans this weekend, and FI's a little pissed because he keeps telling me that Halloween's his favorite holiday, yet he planned nothing to do. And he keeps getting texts from all our friends who went to Voodoo Fest or just went to NOLA for the weekend. None of this is my fault. As I told him last night, if it's that important to you, you make the plans. I'm doing cupcakes for my new parish I'm thinking about joining (it's been church roulette since I got here, still trying to find one I'm comfortable at, and there at least 10 Catholic churches) for their Halloween carnival Sunday.

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_weekend-plans-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:bc00bc76-974c-4d95-a57a-ac323d620ca3Post:21859b8f-0887-43ee-bb5f-352416310cd6">Re: Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats to your FI Cal, and glad he's home Binx. I have no plans this weekend, and FI's a little pissed because he keeps telling me that Halloween's his favorite holiday, yet he planned nothing to do. And he keeps getting texts from all our friends who went to Voodoo Fest or just went to NOLA for the weekend. None of this is my fault. As I told him last night, if it's that important to you, you make the plans. I<strong>'m doing cupcakes for my new parish I'm thinking about joining (it's been church roulette since I got here, still trying to find one I'm comfortable at, and there at least 10 Catholic churches) for their Halloween carnival Sunday.</strong>
    Posted by divinemsbee[/QUOTE]
    I think that's an awesome way to try to start getting involved. I absolutely HATE having to find a new church, being able to go to church I grew up in is one of the things that I currently love about living at home with my parents. Good luck finding somewhere you're comfortable!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_weekend-plans-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:bc00bc76-974c-4d95-a57a-ac323d620ca3Post:21859b8f-0887-43ee-bb5f-352416310cd6">Re: Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats to your FI Cal, and glad he's home Binx. I have no plans this weekend, and FI's a little pissed because he keeps telling me that Halloween's his favorite holiday, yet he planned nothing to do. And he keeps getting texts from all our friends who went to Voodoo Fest or just went to NOLA for the weekend. None of this is my fault. As I told him last night, if it's that important to you, you make the plans. I'm doing cupcakes for my new parish I'm thinking about joining (it's been church roulette since I got here, still trying to find one I'm comfortable at, and there at least 10 Catholic churches) for their Halloween carnival Sunday.

I understand that last part 100% we went to 8 different churches before we found our parish, once we did it was a huge breath of fresh air. Cupcakes sound yummy, I'm debating on trying cake pops out tonight 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI is happier now, we just bought a 38 lb white pumpkin to turn into the super Air Force pumpkin. THis should be fun.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_weekend-plans-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:bc00bc76-974c-4d95-a57a-ac323d620ca3Post:e9245c7a-ef54-4fc6-8db4-2351ee5b6a0f">Re: Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI is happier now, we just bought a 38 lb white pumpkin to turn into the super Air Force pumpkin. THis should be fun.

Bahaha, this made me LOL.  The mental image was great! Be sure to post pics when y'all finish!!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    oh my gosh, a 38 pound pumpkin... wow!!!

This weekend, I am studying, studying and doing more studying. Fun, right? I am at work tonight but then I'm off until Tuesday. FI isn't around this weekend, so I'll be kicking nursing school in the butt. I can't move to live with him once we're married until I'm done with all this, so that's lots of motivation for me!!! 

I am doing some wedding stuff Sunday afternoon with my MOH and I'm supposed to get coffee with one of my BM's tomorrow. I'm meeting my other BM Monday, but it's because she's helping me with nursing stuff, not wedding stuff. 

Oh- it's snowing outside right now. Who decided we were going to skip fall?! I rode my horse today even though it was rainy and cold; I will try to ride tomorrow as my break from studying.

I will be glad to finish school, get married and then have a life! haha.

wedding1 Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks divine! And I want to see the finished product!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards