Michigan-Detroit
Options

Shower success :)

Some of you may remember way back when I was trying to decide whether or not it was worth it to even have a shower for my side of the family since it would be so small, and I feel like the typical shower these days has become quite large.  You all talked me into it and I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!  It was this past Saturday at my grandma's house, and it was so much fun!  There was just 12 of us - including me - so it was super small but it felt very intimate and0 I loved that!  We didn't do any fancy decorating or catering, my mom and grandma just made a few desserts and some fruit salad, but that was fine by me!  Since I knew there wouldn't be many gifts to open, I made up some games to take up some time.  I wasn't sure how people would react since some people really hate shower games, but they actually went over pretty well!  Everyone seemed to have a great time and I really got to talk and visit with everyone.  So thanks again for convincing me that a tiny shower can be fun too. :)

Re: Shower success :)

• Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's great to hear! I'm glad that it was a success and that you (and your guests) enjoyed yourself.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's great! I went to a baby shower not long ago with just about 12 guests and it was by far one of my favorites. I think having fewer people makes it much easier to get to chat with everyone.
    Final Count 181! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Melgor78Melgor78 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's good to hear.  I plan in having a small shower and thought is it worth it.  I'll probably invite 20 ppl and I'm sure I'll have a few declines.  I really want to stay away from games though.  What kind did you do with a small crowd.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards