Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Engagement Party

Hi Everyone,

I recently got engaged and my enagaement party is in September 2012 and my wedding is December 2014. People don't think I should have an engagement party thats so far away from the Wedding and they think people will forget. 

Thoughts??

Re: Engagement Party

• Options
    as far as i know, engagement parties should be done after you get engaged, and not too close to the wedding. That's what my cultural practices are, at least. I think that what you're doing is fine :)
  • Options
    I just had an engagement party this weekend and my wedding is next April. It was a great time and a great chance for the families and bridal party members to all meet before the big day. I think the wedding will go a lot more smoothly now because of the party. 
  • Options
    lol, people forget about a wedding... Who on earth forgets about a family member's wedding? They'll be reminded when you send out save-the-dates. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Options
    Traditionally, you should plan for the engagement party to be as close to the engagement as possible.

It is also traditional to have a Bridal Shower (they can be for just the ladies or a Jack and Jill shower bor both guys and girls) between 1-3 months prior to the wedding.

If your family is concerned about people forgetting about the wedding, then you should plan to mail reminder magnets about two weeks before the wedding date for those who RSVP's they were coming. :)
  • Options
    Thank you for everyone and I appreciate your comments and I totally agree with all of you ladies. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards