Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Wedding Recap

On January 16, 2010, my DH and I got married at the district court office in a 10 minute long ceremony.  I wore an outfit that I would normally wear to work and there was no aisle for my dad to walk me down.  There were no flowers for me to hold.  There was no music to be heard.  I didn’t get my hair done.  I don’t think I even wore any makeup.  I don’t remember what we said during our vows because I simply thought of the whole process as a charade we had to go through in order to get me on his insurance plan.   We didn't exchange rings.  There were 5 people there.  

That was our wedding. 

Re: Wedding Recap

• Congratulations.  I hope that it was the beginning to many happy years together.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Hi everybody!

My name is Jordan, I married my highschool sweetheart June 19 and I'm still reeling, can't believe I'm married! Everything was perfect! I love him so! I'm just here to chat with other newlyweds

Jordan
  • Ok I'm thinking your post isn't sounding too "happy". Especially since you said you thought of it as a "charade". Are you planning a larger wedding for down the road?
    I wish you the best!
  • oh. that is nice.  So, I assume posted this because you thought somehow it would start drama and entertain you?  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_wedding-recap-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:bdfdfc91-0d36-4259-95d9-68c1bd4944f6Post:6576a322-499b-4701-8f7d-77c5f93240c5">Re: Wedding Recap</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh. that is nice.  So, I assume posted this because you thought somehow it would start drama and entertain you?  
    Posted by Theresa626[/QUOTE]

Bingo!! You bummed out.....
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_wedding-recap-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:bdfdfc91-0d36-4259-95d9-68c1bd4944f6Post:6576a322-499b-4701-8f7d-77c5f93240c5">Re: Wedding Recap</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh. that is nice.  So, I assume posted this because you thought somehow it would start drama and entertain you?  

This.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_wedding-recap-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:bdfdfc91-0d36-4259-95d9-68c1bd4944f6Post:6576a322-499b-4701-8f7d-77c5f93240c5">Re: Wedding Recap</a>:

Agreed. What else did you want us to say except congrats and have a great marriage?
  • Hmm..not sure the meaning of this post seems like your unhappy with your choice to go to the court house..
  • Ditto with the PPs. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards