Moms and Maids
Options

bridesmaid and not matron of honor?

I am in a friends wedding this year as her Maid of Honor. She doesn't have many long term/close friends and her bridal party consists of her grooms sisters/cousins and I. However, I was recently engaged and she is not going to be my matron of honor. I have girls that I have been closer friends with since high school. How do I tell her that she is not the matron of honor without her getting mad/upset?

Re: bridesmaid and not matron of honor?

• Options
    Ask her to be a bridesmaid.  She'll be thrilled to stand up for you, and if she's any sort of friend at all, she'll understand.
  • Options
    I am in my friends wedding this weekend, and She was a bridesmaid in my wedding, and I am her Matron of Honor. I think she will understand about not being your MOH, but she should be included in the bridal party....
  • Options
    You don't tell her she's not a MOH because then that opens up the "Why not?" question.  When you're ready to ask your BP (which should be about 9 months before your wedding date), and you want her to be a part of your wedding, just ask her to be a BM.  WPs are not tit-for-tat.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    'I hope you will be a bridesmaid in my wedding,' should do it.

• Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm going to send out packages to my girls asking them to take on their specific roles! Hopefully everything will go smoothly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards