Moms and Maids

Gifts arrived...name or initial?

So excited....I ordered tote bags from lands end on black Friday...got a great deal...they are amazing...arrived today...they are part of the gifts I am creating for my ladies, mob, ang mog....do you think I should put their names or just initial?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Gifts arrived...name or initial?

• I like initials better.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • JaxInBlueJaxInBlue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2012
    Is monogramming something the women on your list like?  Do they use a lot of monogrammed items?  If they don't, I would skip the monogramming.  If the recipients do like monogrammed items, I would decide individually if the recipients would prefer initials or name and not make it one or the other for everyone.

ETA: spelling
    Anniversary

• I would do initials. Cute idea :)
  • I agree with Jaclyn - don't choose something across the board for everyone, choose what each person would like.  I don't carry things with my name on it ever, and would greatly prefer you left my initials off.

Don't get caught up in the "all the gifts have to match" idea that the wedding industry throws at you.  If they can get you to buy identical gifts it is just more of your money in their pockets.  Make each gift individual to the person like it is their bday or Christmas.
  • I would prefer a gift that didn't have anything on it, but if I had to choose, I'd go with initial over full name.
  • Do they normally carry things with their names or initials?  If not, then leave them blank.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Leave them blank.

• thanks for the advice ladies...i have decided to leave them blank
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think that's a sound decision. I know I personally feel like i'm representing myself as a narcissist when I wear or carry monogrammed items.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards