Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Martini Bar

Hello everyone,

Just wanted your input on your favorite flavors of martini. 
I get to have four options at our martini bar. The caterer gave me some ideas below but I don't have to go with them. I am definitely keeping the "filthy martini" and "Lychee" but I think pom martinis and  cosmos are out of style and I hate cranberry juice. I was thinking of doing a Godiva white chocolate raspberry martini and I need one more. Any ideas?  I am getting married in the fall by the way. 

Filthy Martini

Grey Goose, Dry Vermouth, Olive Juice

Garnished with a Blue Cheese Stuffed Olive

Pama Martini

Pomegranate Liqueur, Pomegranate Juice, and Vodka

Garnished with a Lime twist

Cosmo

Stoli Vodka, Triple Sec, Lime Juice and Cranberry Juice

Garnished with a Lime Slice

Lychee Martini

Lychee liqueur, Vodka, and Lychee juice

Garnished with Lychee fruit

Re: Martini Bar

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My fave was a cosmo until I had the Black Cherry cosmopolitan. It's to die for! check 300ny.com for the receipe.

I'm also having 2-3 different martinis at my reception - theme inspired - 2 Pink martinis - Raspberry & Watermelon, Apple Martini of course, my colors are pink & green. I'm also having Long Island Ice Teas (green one's)- FI's fave.

I would recommend lemon drop martini, chocolate martinis are always tasty but uses lots of liquor,Passion fruit martinis are good too.
    It Was Luv At First Bite!
  • Options
    MommyMarta08MommyMarta08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooh I like the idea of black cherry. I was looking for one I could serve with a rock candy stirrer since I thought that was kind of cool and that would be perfect. I'll check it out. I was going to have a chocolate martini but decided against it because I am serving mini chocolate milkshakes at my slider station. That's why I decided on White Choc Raspberry Martinis instead
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The filthy one looks great!

I think the filthy, lychee and godiva martinis are great because they are all different. One is more of a regular martini, one is fruity, one is sweet. I'd probably add one more fruity one in there. The pomegranate one sounds good to me, actually. Or else a caramel apple martini? Lemon drops are tasty, but I think the light, fruity flavor is too similar to lychee.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love caramel apple martinis in the fall. All that I've ever had have been fabulous!

Here's a link to a recipe: http://www.drinknation.com/drink/caramel-apple-martini
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, caramel apple or something cinnamony would be perfect for fall! I wish I was coming to drink at your wedding!
  • Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I like flirtinis but couldn't tell you what is in them. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    marisah83marisah83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since you're not in the South, your guests may not be as into this martini as I am, but there is a vodka that is sweet tea flavored (Firefly) that you mix with lemonade for a Tea-tini.  I add a little bit of limoncello to mine as well. Garnish with a lemon slice.
    09.10 Siggy Challenge
    PhotobucketMy favorite picture is of the night we got engaged!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about a traditional one?  Possibly even a traditional *gin* martini for the non-vodka fans?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards