Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Alternatives to cake smash in face

Hi all!!

We are looking for ideas for other ways to feed each other the cake. Don't want to smash it in each other's face, that doesn't fit us, also feeding it to each other nicely doesn't either.

Just seeing if anyone else out there is looking or has other ideas for this!!

Thank you, have a great day!

Re: Alternatives to cake smash in face

• edited December 2011
    We fed each other with forks, some people use their hands.  If you don't want to feed each other, you could just each eat it with a fork after the cutting.  You also don't have to make a big production of the cake cutting if you don't want to.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also didn't do the cake smashing thing. After paying for professional makeup, I didn't want it getting messed up. We fed it to each other nicely with our hands. Neither of us got messy and everyone cheered.
  • edited December 2011
    No cake smashing for us either.  We just fed a small piece to each other with our hands.
  • edited December 2011
    You can very nicely feed eachother the cake with either forks or with your hands (just agree to not do the smashing before hand).  Nobody will really care that you decided not to do that. I personally will be skipping that also.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ravenaveryravenavery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed with stagemanager. I'd be PO'ed if I had a cake-face-smashing at my wedding, and I don't want to feed anyone handfulls of cake. I envision my fiance and I cutting the cake and everyone cheering. If necessary, we could take a bite at the same time. Or maybe cut the cake, then "cheers" with champagne glasses.
  • doeie04doeie04 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard of other people smashing it in the MOH and the BM faces. (Obviously discussed before hand...) Not saying that I recommend it. But if they are game, maybe?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    We're probably going to skip it.  Mainly because FI hates cake, but we think the whole idea is kind of silly.  Not even sure if we're going to have a cutting or not.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_alternatives-cake-smash-face?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:01a1d45b-62b4-4bdd-bd9a-18da0faf5c13Post:9084988d-449f-4252-bee4-11fbaa132a0c">Re: Alternatives to cake smash in face</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have heard of other people smashing it in the MOH and the BM faces. (Obviously discussed before hand...) Not saying that I recommend it. But if they are game, maybe?
    Posted by doeie04[/QUOTE]

I would think if you found smashing cake in each others' faces inappropriate, then smashing cake in random other people's faces would be doubly inappropriate.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_alternatives-cake-smash-face?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:01a1d45b-62b4-4bdd-bd9a-18da0faf5c13Post:090be5ce-f4e9-421e-ac2b-46bedd3f85fb">Re: Alternatives to cake smash in face</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, if feeding each other nicely doesn't fit you and feeding each other not nicely doesn't fit you, I'd say your only option is not to feed each other.  Just each take a bite on your own, or just do the cutting part and then take the cake back to your seat to eat.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

This.
  • AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I think smashing and rubbing cake into each other's faces right after you promised to love, honor, and cherish one another is one of the rudest things I have ever seen.  I prefer to feed it to one another, or as PPs have said, just cut it together and then eat the cake. 

You could always intertwine your arms and have a drink together, or drink from the same glass - think it is called a loving cup when you share.  That is an alternative.

HTH
    Anniversary
  • HeatherBobHeatherBob member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't smash the cake into each others faces, but like you said, feeding it nicely wasn't our style. So after we fed each other the pieces, we conspired to just put a small fingertip of icing onto each others faces. Everyone laughed and it wasn't a big mess to clean up. Worked for us!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards