Pennsylvania-Central

Caterers

Hello ladies!!
   So I am starting to do some serious wedding planning now. I'm not that happy with my caterer and I didn't sign anything yet, so I was wondering, who did you use? I don't have any out of the ordinary dietary needs, just a few minor nut allergies and some vegetarians. I am in the Gettysburg/Hanover area. Also how did you go about looking for your photographer? I tried the knot recommendations and there isn't anyone near me.

TIA Jacqui
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Caterers

• Kaytee241Kaytee241 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We loved our caterer, Artistic Foods! He works out of York, not sure how far he travels but it's worth asking! More info and contact info in bio, let me know if you have questions.
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard great things about Artistic Foods as well!

Also, my photographer is AMAZING... Solas Photography.  They travel! (www.solasphotography.com) If you tell them you heard of them through the Knot, they are super excited about it!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi --

My fiance lives in Gettysburg and I live in Carlisle. We're using Chef Exclusive out of Mt. Holly Springs for our caterer and Cindy Strupp, Revelation Photography, for photos. I know she would travel to Gettysburg/Hanover. www.revelationphotostudio.com
  • edited December 2011
    I am using the Festive Board out of York and couldn't be happier. Ed is the guys name, he's super nice, and super affordable. If you aren't picky about your cake he does them too so it's nice one stop shopping, he doesn't do a lot of decorating but if you want fresh flowers or fruit on your cake he will do that for you. I hear that his cakes are great and I can't wait to try them. Two people from my office have used him one just a few months ago and another about a year ago and both recommended him highly so that tells me his work is consistent. He is even putting out my centerpieces and favors for me so I wont have to worry about going to set anything up the day of the wedding.

As for photographers most times they are more than willing to travel so I wouldn't be to worried about them not being close to you, I would call and ask if they come to your area before you write them off. I asked friends who were recently married for recommendations and even other photographers who were booked up. Sometimes other vendors like djs will have lists of photographers they have worked with in the past and if you ask they might even recommend someone specifically. I am using Leslie Gilbert and she is so great, truly a down to earth person who does amazing work, I'm pretty much addicted to her blog! Her work speaks for itself, check her out.
  • Jas0920Jas0920 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the advice. Unfortunately I already called solas photography and they are already booked on my date!! Time for me to start making those calls.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Jacqui,

For photographers, you could try Kristen Charron photography. I was extremely happy with the engagment phots she took and her prices are very reasonable.

http://www.wix.com/kristencharron/kristencharronphotography

You can also find more pics and info on her facebook fan site.

Happy wedding planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards