Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

another question

Now that I'm a roll with questions.......Is it a tradition to have the bridal party/relatives to your home the next day to see you open gifts?

I'm bored at work also, thinking of all these things now that the wedding is 5 weeks away.

Re: another question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    yes of course i am doin this 2

i dont think 2 days of ME TIME is enuf

friday rehearsal saturday all day wedding and sunday watchin me open my pressies!

perfect weekend 4 everrybuddee
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had them over for a brunch the next day. It's certainly not tradition.  But... just so they can watch you open gifts?  Eh- not so sure about that one...  Sounds a bit AW to me
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might want to just open them at your wedding instead.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_another-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:8e7b0f18-78a8-4832-8a87-72e67402a60bPost:82d01efa-8920-4acb-a2b2-ae5d3aa098a3">Re: another question</a>:
    [QUOTE] i dont think 2 days of ME TIME is enuf 
    perfect weekend 4 everrybuddee
    Posted by BrianBoitanosWifey[/QUOTE]

case in point
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh boo- she deleted it...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, this thread is confusing now.  

Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I always thought you and your husband were supposed to open gifts just the two of you.  I don't really think its appropriate to open wedding gifts in front of everyone.  And definitely don't open them at the wedding.  Although these are just my thoughts....maybe there's a tradition I don't know about.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_another-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:8e7b0f18-78a8-4832-8a87-72e67402a60bPost:782e4e37-2d5d-43ab-a561-3b6fbf620450">Re: another question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I always thought you and your husband were supposed to open gifts just the two of you.  I don't really think its appropriate to open wedding gifts in front of everyone.  And definitely don't open them at the wedding.  Although these are just my thoughts....maybe there's a tradition I don't know about.
    Posted by strwbry084[/QUOTE]

y u gotta be all klassee?

da tradition u dont no bout is called strait attenshun horing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My MIL and FIL went over to our apartment and had us open gifts in front of them. I hated it.
    Trust me, there is nothing you want less than to get home the day after your wedding from a fantastic first-married night in a hotel to your MIL and FIL sitting in your apartment.
    It was a great "welcome to our house as a married couple" event! (sarcasm, for the newbs)
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Nunu, and after a long wedding day, your bridal party really probably doesn't want to sit around and watch you open presents.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_another-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:8e7b0f18-78a8-4832-8a87-72e67402a60bPost:59165af0-5430-48c3-8ac7-44918691d297">Re: another question</a>:
    [QUOTE]My MIL and FIL went over to our apartment and had us open gifts in front of them. I hated it. Trust me, there is nothing you want less than to get home the day after your wedding from a fantastic first-married night in a hotel to your MIL and FIL sitting in your apartment. It was a great "welcome to our house as a married couple" event! (sarcasm, for the newbs)
    Posted by Nunu&Eddie[/QUOTE]

<div>Okay, I'll answer seriously then too.  </div><div>
    </div><div>We opened them the next day in front of both sets of parents.  It was beyond awwwwkard.  Because I didn't want to like call out the $$ amounts that people in the family gave us.  So we basically said "what a nice card" for every single one.  :P  </div>

Search & Win
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We opened them the next day in front of my parents.  It was awkward.  I really would have preferred to just bring them back to Philly and our own home to open them by ourselves.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't open our gifts (mainly cards) in front of anyone. We had to leave the next day to start driving home. When we got to the hotel that night, we opened a bunch of them. We opened the rest when we got home the next night.

Vacation

• Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Opening gifts in front of people would make me feel so uncomfortable. That's why I'm not looking forward to my shower and why I hate birthdays and christmas. Why turn it into one more ordeal if it doesn't have to be? Tkae them home and enjoy some time without people watching your every move.
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We left the next morning for our HM so we left everything at my parents (since we live OOT).  When we got back from the HM we just opened everything in front of my parents so we woul have less to take back home with us.  It was fine.  I wouldn't have wanted my bridal party and all my family there though-I think that would have been weird.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    anne513anne513 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I have been at weddings (family) where they have had us come over to watch them open gifts the next day and I think it was really awkward (as PP have said). It's really your call, but I just thinks its a strange experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards