September 2012 Weddings

Eeep found my dress - PIP

Hey dolls! So I ordered my dress I am super thrilled that I found it. I thought finding a dress was going to be super stressful... but in fact it was quite easy. The dress I chose was the 4th dress I tryed on. I think it looks like old hollywood. My dilemma now is if I should purchase the veil... I didn't think I actually wanted to wear a veil but when the consultant put one on me I fell in love... Only issue I have with it is that I would only want to wear it for the ceremony and pictures and that it costs 400$ it's a mali henderson... Are you guys wearing veils?? Oo and here is my dress it's a Maggie Sottero and the name is Adorae. It's going to take 5 months to get in, which I think is perfect!

With the veil.

Without the veil.

Back of dress
Visit The Nest! Anniversary

Re: Eeep found my dress - PIP

• I loved this dress too! And I think the veil is gorgeous but check etsy or kijiji, it's a basic enough veil that should have no problem finding one for less
  • I love it! It's so beautiful! As for veils... I didn't like them until I tried them on. If you like the length and style, try looking for something similar on etsy. They have a ton of options without the crazy price tag.
  • island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2012
    The gown is perfect for you and does look like Old Hollywood.  I plan on wearing a bird cage veil with my gown and most likely will get it from etsy.  The salon prices are outrageous. 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• I love your dress.....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Love it! As for a veil, I have a very similar Maggie, and I tried all sizes. I think the best sizes would be the one that hit your elbow or a fingertip.
  • I like it with the veil but you should check out etsy because you could probably get it for less...veils are ridiculously overpriced at salons. I purchased mine from the salon and i wish I looked around more!

Also if you can find one on etsy for cheaper, you could use that extra money and buy a fabulous blinged out bridal headband on there to switch up your headpiece for the reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • beautiful!! so exciting eh?? i agree with the other ladies - check etsy or pretty much anywhere else! salons can way overprice that stuff!

I plan on wearing a half bird cage with feathering bling clip ;)
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • So pretty! :) I hope it as easy for me to find a dress as it was for you. I am going later this month and am nervous!
    Anniversary
  • I love that dress. Add me to the list of people who didn't like veils until I tried one on. I agree with PPs - check other places first to see if you can find it cheaper. I made the mistake of buying my veil without looking at the price tag (foolish, I know...the consultant put it on and I was instantly smitten), and I guarantee I could have found it cheaper elsewhere.
    Anniversary
  • Also look at veilubridal.com. I got a chapel length veil, 1-tiered, no big adornments for under $20.

I think your dress is gorgeous and the long veil looks amazing on you. Do some research, get a less expensive veil and you'll definitely feel more comfortable wearing one for the hour or so you have it on!
  • Love the dress!

I never thought I wanted a veil but then I watched a David Tutera My Fair Wedding episode and he saw why not wear one you only get married once and I agreed. I actually ended up buying on on the classifieds board for $25 and it is beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm ordering my veil through Megsveils on Etsy ( http://www.etsy.com/shop/megsveils?ref=seller_info).  She does really nice work and is omg so nice and easy to talk to.  I had a vision of what I wanted but had no idea how to articulate it, but she helped me and we came up with something perfect.  It's not done yet, but I'm confident that she will do a great job.  Her cathedral length veils start around $35.  Mine is elbow length 2 tier and costing me $37 with shipping and everything.  
    Happy hunting, that dress is absolutely stunning on you.  I hate that silhouette normally, but you honestly do make it look classy and elegant, like a pin up bride or something.  How beautiful :0)
    September 2012 Brides March siggy challenge: Fav registry item so far...Bunn Coffee Maker!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thank you all for your input! I thought the dress was something I would never even really put on my spectrum... as soon as I tryed it on I just knew.. I didn't cry or anything but I got butterflys! Thanks for the veil opitions, I am excitied to start searching etsy Mcmeghan love your veil girl... I might be saying yes to the veil from her! Thanks again all for the input!
    Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • I love your dress. Want to know why? Because it's my dress, too! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards