April 2013 Weddings

Whats everyones colors?

Interested to find out what everyone is doing for their colors for this Spring wedding we are all planning! Cant wait to hear about all the different ideas. We have STILL not decided on a color. BLAH! I wanted Grey Tux but cant seem to find a color other than yellow that looks right.

Re: Whats everyones colors?

• I am all over then place for colours! I wanted a deep purple for table cloths, dresses and flowers but my venue st lawrence great hall in toronto has salmon walls and light blue ceilings, I know that sounds ugly lol but it looks beautiful and has a "royal look" to it. My wedding planner and fi think we should do dark/royal blue table cloths, but my bms and myself still want purple dress. A light/lilac purple will probably go best with the royal blue but im not sure if I like the colour of light purple. And then I want light/pale pink flowers and bouquets. Essentially, I am all over the place haha.

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think I am going with coral, a tangerine orange, yellow and highlights of a bright green.  My signature colors.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey DileniN I am from toronto too! getting married at the manor by peter and paul :)

im going with my main colour as a peacock blue..thats the dress colour and accents for the venue...other than that dont have much of an accent colour
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Whats everyones colors?:[QUOTE]Hey DileniN I am from toronto too! getting married at the manor by peter and paul :im going with my main colour as a peacock blue..thats the dress colour and accents for the venue...other than that dont have much of an accent colour Posted by nay1984[/QUOTE]
    Hey! Thats exciting, what day is your wedding? im on mobile so I cant see your sig if you have a counter lol

Also, do you know who you are using for hair and makeup? I posted a thread in the toronto boards explaining my situations, if you have anu recommendations I would love it! Haha :

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our colors are charcoal grey, different shades of pink, creams and white. We are also doing graphite grey suits or tuxes! We will probably choose a pink striped tie for the groomsmen!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are going with black slim fitting suits, no tuxes probably and not sure on the tie colour, probably once we decide on bridesmaid dresses haha

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did have a counter but it always disappears not sure why. getting married april 13th..my dad is a hair dresser so he is doing my hair..i wanna find a make up person to come to the house to do it for myself mom sisters...bridesmaids..i heard if you go to the bay at the mac counter some of those girls do jobs on the side..might try that....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Whats everyones colors?:[QUOTE]I did have a counter but it always disappears not sure why. getting married april 13th..my dad is a hair dresser so he is doing my hair..i wanna find a make up person to come to the house to do it for myself mom sisters...bridesmaids..i heard if you go to the bay at the mac counter some of those girls do jobs on the side..might try that.... Posted by nay1984[/QUOTE]
    Ohh that is a good idea, I might try that. Im getting married the exactly a week after you :D

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My venue has a coral-ish red wallpaper with vintage birds and the remaining walls are painted a pale blue.. its hard to describe but its an old bed and breakfast, and it is very pretty. There are alot of wood accents also, and some exposed brick so I think that we are going with a rustic theme (easy to make decorations) and in order to not clash with the venue or seem to busy I think we are going to stick to a monochromatic off white color. Everytime I look at color inspiration boards at it I just swoon =]

• phoenix870509phoenix870509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Lavender and pastel blue. My favorite color is purple and my fiance's is blue. Since we're having a spring wedding I thought it would be nice to have spring colors and include our favorite colors.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_whats-everyones-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:844f65cb-1f4e-4444-9fbc-367f11f8d0a0Post:eade5f26-2738-4a84-a666-14f45e786765">Re: Whats everyones colors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did have a counter but it always disappears not sure why. getting married april 13th..my dad is a hair dresser so he is doing my hair..i wanna find a make up person to come to the house to do it for myself mom sisters...bridesmaids..i heard if you go to the bay at the mac counter some of those girls do jobs on the side..might try that....
    Posted by nay1984[/QUOTE]

I am sooo glad you just said that. I have often wondered if you can get the MAC girls at the mall to basically do your make up? How does that work? Our closest mall has MAC in Dillards can I just go in there and have them do my makeup or set an appointment? IDK I have never had my makeup done at a department store.
  • im not really sure its something ive just heard havent really tried..i was thinking of swinging by stores and asking them if they coudl suggest anyone...i am not sure if they are allowed to sell their services while working...but ive heard a lot of them do it as side businesses...Ive had mine done before and really liked it...but i woudl want them to tone it done..but those girls know what they are doing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're doing light blue and navy blue, our college colors (which also are our favorite colors so...it works out).  Navy blue suits for the guys with light blue vests, light blue dresses for the girls (possibly with navy sashes).  Hydrangeas for the flowers :)
  • Charcoal gray, shades of purple, and cream, with silver accents.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've changed my mind a few times, but I think I have finally settled on teal(both light and dark) and yellow.  I plan to throw in a little burnt orange in the flowers. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • After a LOT of mind-changing, I've decided on maple, blush and other shades of pink, and some natural-looking shade of green.

Spring-like, without being all Easter-ish!
  • We are doing Navy Blue and yellow!
  • Our color will most likely be purple, but it may possibly be green or blue depending on what bridesmaid dress I like the best and what color looks best with it.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • We're doing shades of purple with accents in a taupe/tan/beige-y color
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

One thing to remember: The wedding is just one day. The marriage is all the rest of them.

April 2012 Siggy Challenge: Cake Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am doing shades of pink, creames and light green.
  • Royal blue and a dark purple.  I know they're not very springy colors, but its my wedding :)
    My engagement ring has a sapphire in it, I have blue eyes and blue and purple are my and my fiance's favorite colors.
  • Blondy214Blondy214 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    We're going with navy blue our accent colors are light green and yellow. I've always wanted green, but once we found the venue we love, I decided navy blue would fit better. (We are getting married at an aquarium!) I think that its also a more elegant color for my girls to be wearing. But I think my green matches well enought with blue to still incorporate it :)
    135 invited image | 45 Yes image | 11 No image | 79 Still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 23
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaids Dresses
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards