June 2012 Weddings

Drunk Driving PIP

Got a call from my mom around 3am this morning. at about 2am a drunk driver drove through the house. 
There driveway is at stop sign were you either turn left or right, if you go straight you end up in the driveway. 
Well the women never stopped and drove right through the garage, hitting my dads car, and sending it through the wall into the laundry room. 
The house was wide open and all power had to be shut off due to that lines could have been hit and they didn't want an explosion. 
The women tried to drive away she made it two house down hit two mailboxes on her way. Both her air bags had gone off and her passenger was injured badly. She is currently in jail.
Thank god everyone is fine but it reminds you not to drink and drive because someone could have been hurt so bad. 
Now my parents have to wait to see if the house is even structurally sound or if walls need to come down and be put back up. 
There is so much damage. I added some photos for your enjoyment. :)

This is the lawn mower that was in the garage.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Drunk Driving PIP

• Holy Crap! Glad everyone is okay. My house is also at the end of stop sign.. hope that never happens!
  • OMG! I'm glad everyone is ok! What an idiot woman; glad she's in jail!
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • OMG! Thank god your parents and family are okay! I hate DD's they are SO selfish :( Best of luck to your rents, I couldn't imagine having to deal with the nightmare...
    image 220 Are ready to party!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Holy moly!  That's insane.  Glad everyone is alright ... but that woman deserves to be in jail.  Hopefully she'll think twice about being an idiot next time.
  • Oh my gosh!!!! That's crazy! I'm so glad everyone is okay! Stupid woman.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Holy cow! That is horrible! How could she drive after hitting something that hard?! I hope her passenger will be okay.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OMG!! Thats horrible! I hope the passenger is ok! Glad she's in jail. Good luck to your parents. Hopefully the house gets put back together soon

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Whoa! I'm glad your mom and dad didn't get hurt.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • Glad everyone is ok & that woman is in jail. I loathe drinking & driving. It hurts soooooo many lives. I made the mistake 1 time when i was younger & felt so out of control. I scared myself shitless & have never done it again nor will i ever. People need to think of their families, how they would feel if they killed someone etc. Unfortunately those that get behind the wheel drunk are NOT thinking. I am glad we have so many taxi companies in town. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So glad to hear your parents are okay!  Hopefully the passenger is okay as well. 
    Anniversary
  • OMG that's so crazy! I can't even image what your parents thought was going on - I'm glad they are ok!
  • drinking and driving is the one thing we never take any chances on. I'm so happy everyone is safe.
  • That is terrifying!  I'm so glad nobody in your family is injured, and I hope the woman's passenger is okay!  There's a friend I would never want to have to look in the eye again, let me tell you.  And trying to drive away???  Seriously???

I'm so glad she's in jail, and I hope that she never gets the CHANCE to do that again.  Holy cow...
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Holy cow! that's crazy!! So glad that everyone is ok!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 309 Invited so far!
    image 142 Are ready to party!
    image 125 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are driving me crazy!
  • Wow thank God everyone was ok. And that women is in Jail. I can't beleive in her stupper she thought she would get away. 
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2012
    Oh my gosh!? Thank god that woman is in jail.. what's said is that some people will never learn, even after jail and fines. That's so lucky it was just the garage and not an important room (bedrooms.. ek!). Thank god your parents are okay.

Sorry they have to deal with that trouble! 
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Very scarey for your parents!  I'm glad they weren't hurt and the woman went to jail.  I hipe she has insurance and her passenger will be okay.  Hopefully your parents house can be repaired.
  • So glad your parents are ok! Wow
  • Omg thats insane!  I'm glad your parents are ok, although its bad about the garage its good that it wasn't a bedroom or something where they might have been in it at 2am.  Good thing shes in jail for now!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • oh my word! I am so sorry this happened but glad everyone is ok. T & P's going out to your parents as they deal with this. Hope it isn't too annoying with the insurance company
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow, I'm so glad that everyone is okay but that is so scary! 
  • That's terrible! I'm glad your parents are okay, though!
  • Oh man, I am so glad everyone in your family is okay! Be sure they put in a restitution request with the court in addition to doing a claim with their homeowners insurance company - they want to get reimbursed any way they can.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Holy shiit! And she tried to drive away?! WTF!  I'm glad she's in jail now. And I'm glad everyone was ok.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_drunk-driving-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7267d50c-478f-41c8-a69e-5fa12f31536dPost:c7c9a6a9-482c-4a72-bc11-5853d2dc0824">Re: Drunk Driving PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Holy shiit! And she tried to drive away?! WTF!</strong>  I'm glad she's in jail now. And I'm glad everyone was ok.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]<div>
    Those were my first thoughts. I hope her passanger is going to be ok and am glad your parents weren't hurt! </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards