South Carolina-Charleston

I need help with reception venues ASAP please

Ok ladies I really need some help with locations for a reception. I live 8 hours away and was just down for a week visiting and trying to get things booked. We called the Creek Club at I'on and were told our date was available so we went and checked it out then were getting ready to sign the next day when we were told they messed up. So we have to wait until tomorrow to see if the girl who had never seen it yet wants the place. So I need some help fast on some reception places that I can call. I've called tons and so far everything is booked and I'm really starting to freak out. We have our photographer with no place to go. :( Ugh please help
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I need help with reception venues ASAP please

• katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    It would help to know how many people you are planning to have, whether you want indoor/outdoor, ceremony and reception at same location or different, and how much you want/can spend approximately.  We had our ceremony at a place that kinda stays under the radar, at the Confederate Home on Broad St in downtown.  We had our ceremony in their beautiful garden, but they also have a few spaces indoors that would also be great.  You can do a reception there also, but I think they just have some noise regulations because they have elderly women that live on the upper floors of the property.  The rental fee is tax deductible though because the property is run by a non-profit that allows the women to live there for free.  It was perfect for us, but it might not be for everyone.  If you google it then you can find the phone number, but they have very limited office hours and sometimes it can be hard to get someone on the phone.

There is also the Wickliffe House, which is a great property to have the ceremony and reception, and Lowndes Grove is another good one.  A less expensive location on Lowndes Grove is the River House.  And the Historic Rice Mill on Lockwood is another one.  Good luck!  Everything books up around here early though because Charleston is second only to Vegas for weddings. HTH!
  • Mieke7882Mieke7882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another place that stays under the radar (they are not allowed to advertise I believe) is the South Carolina Society Hall on Meeting Street. Its a great historical landmark. There is a meeting room on the first floor you can hold for a cocktail hour and a ballroom on the second floor with a kitchen to use. They do have some time limits and it will not hold the biggest of weddings. But if you have around 100 or a little more you should be just fine there. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_need-reception-venues-asap-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:600Discussion:38d127fe-cbb5-4bc1-a1f6-c48e0f3de2e0Post:43e0286f-4d2e-45aa-9cad-5923810cbe58">Re: I need help with reception venues ASAP please</a>:
    [QUOTE]It would help to know how many people you are planning to have, whether you want indoor/outdoor, ceremony and reception at same location or different, and how much you want/can spend approximately. 
    Posted by katiewest[/QUOTE]

Sorry I guess I should have included more information for everyone I just wasn't thinking. We are planning to get married May 27,2012 with anywhere from 50-100 guests not really sure how many will travel. Ceremony and reception will be in different locations, we want the ceremony on the beach. Also with the reception indoor or outdoor is fine with us as long as the area outdoors has room for a tent if it were to rain. But thanks for your help I will definitely check out what you said.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_need-reception-venues-asap-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:600Discussion:38d127fe-cbb5-4bc1-a1f6-c48e0f3de2e0Post:7f9fe33b-573b-439e-9487-6a5fa8dd2425">Re: I need help with reception venues ASAP please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Another place that stays under the radar (they are not allowed to advertise I believe) is the South Carolina Society Hall on Meeting Street. Its a great historical landmark. There is a meeting room on the first floor you can hold for a cocktail hour and a ballroom on the second floor with a kitchen to use. They do have some time limits and it will not hold the biggest of weddings. But if you have around 100 or a little more you should be just fine there. 
    Posted by Mieke7882[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I will definitely check that out
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • brooks55brooks55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look into Morgan Creek Restaurant - they're on Isle of Palms at the Marina - beautiful rooftop you can rent - views are astounding, food is great.  The restaurant is right on the Intercoastal - a quick scoot from the beach.

Also - if you're looking to have control over catering - Creek Club requires you to use their exclusive catering from Jacob's Kitchen in I'on.  Cafe Catering in Mt. Pleasant is wonderful and they provide planning services too - ask for Lauren.  They are top notch. they are a Knottie Winner - find them in the vendors section.

I'm using Cafe Catering for our wedding in September at Cottage on the Creek - whic is also a great venue  on Shem Creek in Mt. Pleasant.
    I'm pretty sure that Shem Creek Events/Cottage on the Creek is listed in the vendor section but I'm not sure of Morgan Creek is.

Good luck to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might also check out the Island House on John's Island (there's a website if you google it).  We ended up not using them, but it's a beautiful location and the guy who runs it is great.  The property is right on the river and there's a dock that you could get married on.  You've probably looked into this, but just in case, I believe many of the beaches have restrictions on weddings, so def something to check into. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    You could also check Alhambra Hall in Mount Pleasant. I just looked at their 2012 calendar and they still have that date open.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • stickbystickby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Citadel Beach House opens up the reservations a year in advance so if you call them on May 27 of this year you have the same chance as everyone else to get it.  Also, that would make it easy for a ceremony on the beach.
  • Lucy062405Lucy062405 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The Pavilion at Patriots Point is where we just had our reception on Saturday and it couldn't have been better :) We had a beach ceremony then went there....even though the storm coming and 45 mph winds the beach was a little crazy but i'd always wanted a beach ceremony..the pavilion is a permanant huge tent on the 18th hole of the golf course on the water and you couldn't ask for better views!!! We even got a double rainbow :)

• Sabrinaf33Sabrinaf33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina on Patriot's Point. They have a manmade beach, a covered `outdoor dining area, a pier and a marina, as well as room for an additional tent. They also have indoor banquet rooms.

Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    charlestonweddings.com, they have several venues on there site.
    Kiawah Island, Dunes West, Wide Awake park, Middleton place, the list continues. You may need to hire an event planner to help if you have no one here. Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards