North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Out of Town Help!

Hi ladies,

I am a Raleigh, NC native, but I havent lived in the area for 8 years. One of my dear friends is getting married and I am coming "home" for the wedding. One of her other bridesmaid's dropped the ball on Bachelorette Party planning so I have taken it up....which is kind of hilarious since I know the area has changed drastically since I lived there and to be fair, I was 14 when I last lived there. My idea of "fun" when I lived in Raleigh  was going to Adventure Island on Capitol Blvd and the mall. ;]

At any rate, we're at a loss for what we can do as a fun social activity so that the bridesmaids can bond. The bride has told me expressly that she doesnt want to go to a nightclub. I know that where I live in FL has a high-end bowling alley which is pretty fun and serves inventive and silly drinks. Anything like that available in the area?  Any other suggestions?
Anniversary

Re: Out of Town Help!

• pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should post this question on the general North Carolina board.  That board gets more action and the girls there will probably have good suggestions for you.

I've only lived in the Raleigh area for a few months, so I'm not much help, sorry.
  • edited December 2011

A duelling piano bar is always a good time.  There's a Rum Runners in Raleigh.  The one time I went there, we had a great time and there were 2 Bachelorette parties going on.  Don't think that I haven't gone back for any bad reason...I live in Chapel Hill and my nights in Raleigh are few and far between.

Good Luck!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I would say just hit Glenwood.  You can barhop if that's what you want, go dancing, have a nice dinner.  I rarely go out now but Bogart's is great for dancing.  There are quite a few new bars too. Hope that helps. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards