Nevada-Las Vegas

AHR wording

I am finalizing my wording for the AHR invite. The reception is informal, we are having it at a local park.  The invite/details, glued to the back of a wedding picture, will be sent out with Thank you cards to those who attended the Vegas ceremony. I am sending just the picture and the details to those who didnt not come to Vegas. 

Here is my question: We will be inviting just over 230 people. I want enough food, but also don't want to deal with RSVP's would it be rude to put Regrets only with a number and our website? Or do you have another option? Or should I just not care about enough food, since it is a informal/open house, come when you want, leave as you want kind of thing? 
imageimage

Congrats to my super sweet BFPB, veronicafvr, She's a SEP '11 momma

Married bio ? follow my boring blog Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: AHR wording

• keana123keana123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, 230 is a lot of people! You should probably have them RSVP for food count since you have such a high guest count. There is a huge difference in food between 100 guests and 200 guests. Use a wedding website for RSVP's or send out an evite after the mailed invitation so they can easily rsvp. I don't think you need to call people and see if they are coming like you would for wedding invite but definitely have a way for them to RSVP.
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Because ours is so casual, I'm sending out a formal invitation, and doing a Facebook event page as well (I won't invite anyone through Facebook, but the page will be listed on the invitation).  We're also providing our email address, phone number, and Facebook page as well.

I agree that you should probably have them RSVP somehow.  You may not need an exact headcount, but you're going to want a ballpark figure of who's coming.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • threemarie24threemarie24 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is what I was thinking as well. I will put our website as well as a number from each side of the family so the "older" peeps can call! 

Thanks ladies! 
    imageimage

Congrats to my super sweet BFPB, veronicafvr, She's a SEP '11 momma

Married bio ? follow my boring blog Follow Me on Pinterest

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards