Texas-San Antonio

Dominion Country Club

My fiance and I are considering doing our reception at the Dominion Country club. But the problem is we can't find any pictures or reviews. Their website is way below helpful in terms of information. Even their ad in the San Antonio wedding magazine is not that impressive. On top of all this, I've been having trouble getting a hold of the catering director. She hasn't even emailed me the information she said she would. Needless to say, we are worried about the service we may get since we can't seem to find any information about them anywhere. If you had your reception here or know someone that did, please feel free to leave your comment here so that we can get a better sense of what we are getting ourselves into. Thanks!

Re: Dominion Country Club

• edited December 2011

My fiance and I looked into having our reception here, but we decided to go with someone else. We contacted the lady in charge on multiple occassions and it took forever to get the information package. The prices are reasonable. However they get you everywhere else. They charge like $500.00 - $900.00 to decorate the room. You have to rent all the tables and chairs. You have to pay for set-up and break-down of the chairs or set them up yourself (which we were not willing to do). And you had to pay for clean-up service or clean up everything yourself (again we were not willing to do this). By the time you added everything up, we felt it wasn't worth it. Other's automatically included this in the rental fee so we felt it wasn't for us. On the better side, it looked beautiful from the few pages we did see in magazines and on their website (as we never made it to go see them.)

I recommend you continue to contact her, it does take a few calls and a lot of patience but it can be done. I wish I still had her email but I deleted it.

I hope this helps.

• edited December 2011
    I also had looked into having our reception at the Dominion. After calling and leaving voicemails for the director of sales/catering I decided not to use them. The first time I contacted her it took sn entire week  before I ever heard back (by then I had forgotten that I'd called her). She was also very short and made me feel hurried. Then I asked for information and pricing and they nickle and dime you anywhere they can. Customer service was a big issue with me. I felt if I was going to be spending thousands of dollars that I deserved better customer service.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh wow! I just looked back through my wedding emails (i save everything because I never know when I need to reference back to something!) and I found the information packed. I can email it you if you like.
  • BukiaBukia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. I really appreciate it. I totally agree with the service. I had to pretty much send an ultimatum email to the lady that if she doesn't respond within a week then I would choose our other choice. I'm concerned now about what you ladies are saying about how they try and get you in places you don't expect.  Like charging for decorating the room? Is that like if I bring in flowers and centerpieces I'll be charged for it? I honestly think there are some red flags with this place and I hate how hard it is to get a hold of her. 

P.S. Amanda, I have the information already thanks! She's still not very good with communication. She really hasn't fully answered all my questions clearly. But at least it seems that she is trying a little bit. Just don't know if I want to deal with this the whole planning.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey ladies! My name is Rachael Ralph and I am the NEW catering Director at The Dominion. I wanted to let you know that EVERYTHING has changed now! We are having some spectacular weddings and events and I work as your very own Day of Organizer! We have more help now and some amazing reviews!

Check out our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/pages/The-Dominion-Country-Club/110703439024356#!/pages/The-Dominion-Country-Club/110703439024356">http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Dominion-Country-Club/110703439024356#!/pages/The-Dominion-Country-Club/110703439024356 
  • edited December 2011
    Vendors can not post on the knot.
  • edited December 2011
    When reading these reviews I was in shock! I have been planning my Wedding at the Dominion for a few months now and have had nothing but great feedback and support! Rachel the NEW Catering Director is phenomenal! She responds instantly to every phone call/email with all questions answered.  Leaving me to feel at ease about this hectic yet wonderful time. 

Rachel and the Operations Manager Brad Roumaya have been so helpful with my every request, which speaks volumes considering how crazy of a bride I am. 
    I would highly recommend the Dominion Country Club to every bride, I personally can't wait to see how everything comes together with our wedding in March. Although, I am certain that Rachel will do an amazing job!  Cool

-Ashley Foust

ps:If you haven't done so you should also check out their Facebook, they are great about updating it with new Wedding Photos! 

• BukiaBukia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Omg I need to update! So we went ahead and booked Dominion. And boy did I get lucky because the original lady that was there ended up being replaced by Rachell which Ashleyfoust is sooooooo right about how AMAZING she is! A true professional. It was a complete 180 degrees from the other lady. I didn't have to worry about anything and she responds to emails promptly. She's just....good! Haha. My wedding was flawless, both ceremony and reception were held at the Dominion and it was just perfect. The staff is amazing. I just can't say enough good things about them. Rachel is definitely turning that place around for the better. Two thumbs up for Dominion! We were happy with how everything turned out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards