Military Brides

Gifts...

Did we do this already? If so, ignore me... Or yell at me!

What was your favorite gift you gave and your favorite gift you got?
imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Gifts...

• I gave a lot of gifts that I loved... To H- he loved basically everything but I was psyched for the portable hard drive I got him. I got a 1 TB at $85. I was pumped. Brother- we go him tickets to the steelers and pens. He and H went to both games tougher. I loved that they got to spend time together without me. Mom- she loved the sweater dress we got her. She thought it looked too small but it looked killer on her and she definitely felt good about herself in it! Dad- I got him these kick ass teva slip on shoes. He loves them. Favorite gift I got- I got these cute slip on flats. They are purple and blue plaid with a bow. They look super cute with cuffed jeans. I also got a fit it I'm so excited to start using!!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What is going on with this post? Why can't I see it?!

ETA: Is it just my computer or is TK being weird again?
    Photobucket
  • I am the queen of wrapping stuff in random boxes, that is my favorite part of Christmas...Don't judge me I didn't have a lot of time to go shopping, so a lot of people got gift cards

My BIL got a gift card in Crest White Strips box.
    My 15 y/o/ Nephew got a gift card in a Coach box (He was confused)
    My FI got sleep pants stuffed in an iron box (we have a joke that he is going to do all the laundry when we get married)
    My sister got a gift card in an envelope box. The gift card is inside one of the envelopes, that was funny.

My favorite gift  that I got was my Coach purse from FI. I have a big one and stuff kept getting lost in it, so he got me a smaller one.  He said it was last seasons and he got it on sale at the NEX for cheap, so that makes it even better.

Photobucket
  • Amanda- I love your wrapping idea. So cute! I might steal it for next year. :-)
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Hike!! I want a fitbit so bad, but I didn't know anyone who had one!! I always read customer reviews, but I usually like to know people who have them also..  Tell me all about it! Do you love it so much?!? 

I think I did pretty good as far as gifts this year..

H got lots of penguin stuff (mostly as a joke), a Hickory Farms basket, Amazon & REI gift cards. Oh! and I paid the deposit for our apartment.

Dad got ties from the colleges he got his undergrad and Masters from.. He has to wear a tie everyday to work, so I tracked the ties down online for him, some new Khaki's and a new button down to go with his new ties (just a plain white shirt because both of his schools had purple as one of thier colors, and he wouldn't be caught dead in a purple shirt). I was amazed at how expensive they were though..

Mom got a new set of knives and a book about Chickens (we have chickens in the back yard) and some perfume.

My Sister and her kids wont open theirs until tomorrow night, but I got my sissy a new bible, my niece the first 3 Stephanie Plum novels, and my nephew a new Xbox game. I also got my niece some pearls, and H got nephew a USMC hoodie, but of course he failed to mail it to me so that I could wrap it with the rest of the presents, so at the last minute I had to scramble to get him something else. (Still furious about that).

I love giving gifts way more than I love getting them.. It just makes my day to know that I at least made someone else smile!!
    Photobucket
  • My favorite gift I got was definitely the Kindle fire. But I also got gift cards to walmart, outback, olive garden, best buy, amazon. My mom also bought me some xmas decorations to use next year. My sister got me a pair of gloves to use with my phone as well.

Gifts I gave: H got the philips soundbar, bottle of Zaya Rum, and cologne.
    We chipped in with his sister and got his mom the kindle fire.
    We chipped in with my sister and brother and got my parents a bunch of gc to restaurants in Florida. They like to go out to eat.

Then my nieces and nephews got a whole lot that included, wii games, doll clothes, lion king, clothes, you name it :)

We had flowers sent to his Grandma for her gift. We figured everyone enjoys fresh flowers and we didn't know what else to get her.
  • What's a fitbit??

Also, as a present to myself last night, I ordered a wine rack :) We purchased it off walmart since we had the gift card. Now H and I will be making a trip to Charleston to go to Total wine and world market.
  • Sami- I haven't tried it yet because I'm not sure if I want to download the software on my parents computer. I might end up doing it today though. I'll let you know! Ggirl- a fit bit is like a professional grade Pedro eter but measures more than that. The website can explain better. http://www.fitbit.com/product/features I super pumped about the sleeping feature. I think my anxiety is so out of control that I wake up numerous times a night.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • My present to myself was Birchbox. I'm so excited!! and my favorite things that I got were my gun (hahaha) and we got Christmas Fiestaware!! Yayayayay!!

Hikey I've missed you on the boards!! :(
    Photobucket
  • H and I gave a lot of gifts and received a lot too! I will explain better later when we get home. My favorite gift of all is my Kindle Fire! I also love my new Coach purse, Juicy Couture sunglasses and the complete Foodsaver system from the ILs! I got a bunch of other stuff, it will be too long to list. LOL H loves all his gifts from me. And everyone we gave presents to loved theirs too, my baby niece has been playing with her toys we got, she just loves them!
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Sami – I laughed at the Hickory Farms basket your H got.  When I was about 2 or 3, my parents got a Hickory Farms summer sausage that they have video evidence of me carrying around like a baby (Instead of my baby doll that I got that Christmas), FI recently seeing the home video got me a summer sausage for Christmas. Ha..Ha..Ha. Everyone else thought it was a lot funnier than I did.
    Photobucket
  • I miss them too sai but I'm back in action. Other than going to the mall, working out, and helping my parents take down the Christmas decorations, I have no plans!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey guys! We gave everyone the same gift this year. Since H is a dental student, we hooked everyone up with dental stuff (The "expensive" toothpastes, toothbrushes...etc.) We thought that everyone was going to take it as a gag joke, but everyone truly LOVED it! I was shocked! It was funny because everyone was stoked about not having to buy those things for a while! They've asked us to keep the tradition! Ha ha!

As for what I got, our Christmas presents were our wedding gifts, but we got some amazing ones:
    My sister made us a shadow box. In it was a tree, and the paper she used was a print out to the lyrics H and I had our first dance to (Makin' Plans). On one of the branches there is a heart hanging on by some of the bakers twine we used at the wedding for our jams, with a heart and our initials. There is another branch with the same thing, but the date is on that one. I will have to post a picture of it later. Its so beautiful!

Second fav gift was from my co worker. She made us coasters made out of tiles. She corked the bottom of the tiles, and modge podged our engagement pictures on them! So we have 8 coasters with 8 different pictures of us! So awesome looking!

Here's what they kind of look like. (NOT THE ACTUAL PRESENT! :))

Lastly, my third fav. was a gift that we have no clue who it came from :( BUT, it is a wine picnic bag thing. It holds a bottle of wine, 2 wine glasses, and a wine opener. It came with wine in it, of course :) We are probably going to go to the park sometime this weekend with it! :)

This is NOT the actual one we got (ours is prettier) but this is similar.
  • CAB- Your Dental thing made me laugh!! and reminded me of this story:
    (Thead Jack)My sister is divorced and her ex is a real SOB.  They got the kids like a laptop and an ipad or something, but they aren't allowed to take it home (my sister has custody and they just see him every other weekend).  They always do things to try to show that they are better parents because they have more money but really.. they suck.. (Last Thanksgiving their dad locked them in their rooms with no books, no tv or anything and they could only leave to go to the bath room. Why? because they wanted to call their mom to say Happy Thanksgiving. Child Abuse? I think yes) anyway, I could go on for days about how shiity he is.  So they did Christmas with him and left their gifts there, they went home and my sister (She works at a bank and doesn't make a whole lot of money) was only able to get them a few gifts, but they were more excited about the toothbrushes and hairbrushes and stuff that she got them because they were truly for them (KWIM?) It breaks my heart for them...

Also, my IL's cashed in their frequent flier miles to get H and I subscription to Entertainment Weekly.  Gee. Thanks.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:5a896c68-2720-4114-9235-88bb0493655fPost:e624a1f5-f0bf-4be1-bb5b-a72b4fc4338e">Re: Gifts...</a>:
    [QUOTE]CAB- Your Dental thing made me laugh!! and reminded me of this story: (Thead Jack)My sister is divorced and her ex is a real SOB.  They got the kids like a laptop and an ipad or something, but they aren't allowed to take it home (my sister has custody and they just see him every other weekend).  They always do things to try to show that they are better parents because they have more money but really.. they suck.. (Last Thanksgiving their dad locked them in their rooms with no books, no tv or anything and they could only leave to go to the bath room. Why? because they wanted to call their mom to say Happy Thanksgiving. Child Abuse? I think yes) anyway, I could go on for days about how shiity he is.  So they did Christmas with him and left their gifts there, they went home and my sister (She works at a bank and doesn't make a whole lot of money) was only able to get them a few gifts, but they were more excited about the toothbrushes and hairbrushes and stuff that she got them because they were truly for them (KWIM?) It breaks my heart for them... Also, my IL's cashed in their frequent flier miles to get<strong> H and I subscription to Entertainment Weekly.  Gee. Thanks.
    </strong>Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]

Bahahahaha! Umm, really?! Merry Christmas to you! Ha ha ha!

Oh, I'd send CPS all over him Sami. Seriousness. Your poor sister :(
  • Yeah well, his wife is a lesbian.
    Photobucket
  • I got a ton of books this year which is exactly what I wanted.  And I love every single one of them!!

FI and I don't exchange presents, but I decided to get him a box of fruity pebbles because he won't stop asking me for them.  (He only ever eats adult cereal, but tried fruity pebbles and loves them.)  He opened it up and smiled and said "You're such a terd." haha.  So even though it was something simple, I think it was the favorite present that I gave :)

I got a speaker dock for my ipod which I will use at work because I'm quite often lonely in my hole of a workspace.
    Photobucket
  • Hey all! Sami- giggling at the gift. At least you will be caught up on gossip?!? Fave gift- well I have three. H got me a garnet ring and earrings. Mom got me a fondue set. I can't wait to have a party with it. I gave H a new camera and my mom I got her a couple of sweat shirts (she lives in them when not working) and a fun new blanket.
  • tyleet87tyleet87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't really give gifts this year but I'm so grateful for all the gift cards my FIL's got me! It was not expected but really really nice.

Side Story: I opened up a Forever 21 GC and my FMIL said she got it so I can buy clothes for our honeymoon and I was so excited because I would love new clothes for it. Then my FFIL says, "I don't know why you got her that...they aren't even going to wear clothes!"

I was just like 'oh jeez'.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:5a896c68-2720-4114-9235-88bb0493655fPost:c83451e2-a098-424c-84ba-fb3eda51e894">Re: Gifts...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't really give gifts this year but I'm so grateful for all the gift cards my FIL's got me! It was not expected but really really nice. Side Story: I opened up a Forever 21 GC and my FMIL said she got it so I can buy clothes for our honeymoon and I was so excited because I would love new clothes for it. <strong>Then my FFIL says, "I don't know why you got her that...they aren't even going to wear clothes!" I was just like 'oh jeez'.</strong>
    Posted by tyleet87[/QUOTE]

hahahaha I just spit my beer out. That is awesome, although if I were you I would have turned bright red.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards