North Carolina-Outer Banks

Vendor Reviews

We got married on 8/8, a very rainy week at the beach!  We only had 2 vendors since we did so much ourselves.  In fact Jennettes Pier was a last minute vendor.

Jennettes Pier, we called on Tuesday afternoon because the weather was so bad, and forecasted to be just as bad Wensday.  We had already planned on using the access beside the pier so it was perfect place to call.  Luckily Wensday was the only day it WAS NOT booked, so whew we booked it for an hour for our ceremony.  They were so nice to us, and helpful.  They let us practice the night before and set up!  They also let us use their chairs and sound system so we didn't have to drag the rentals back and forth.  Their banquet room is so beautiful as well.  They even let us stay over the hour for free for pictures.  We volunteer for NEST and had previously been in that room for training, and I said man I'd love to get married in a room like this.  Hmmm mother nature must have heard me!!  Tricky lady!  We had asked about renting for longer for the reception as well, but they wouldn't let us bring our food or beer so...those things are necessary.

Harris Teeter & Maggie...Well I wish I had nice things to say but I don't.  I had emailed and met with Maggie about our flowers and I thought we had an easy clear cut order.  Pink and Green Hydrangeas for the bridesmaids, pink hydrangeas and garden roses for my boquet and for the toss the same except regular roses.  For the guys rose boutiners.  Oh and flower girl petals.  I had in the email mentioned daisies but she told me they wouldn't work and I wouldn't be getting them.  When my MOC went to pick up the order it was total confusion, and they were missing the flower girl petals.  Maggie wasn't even there as well.  When I got the flowers, 3 hours before the wedding I was so unhappy and upset.  No pink hydranges white, yellowish looking hydrangeas, all containing daisies in the boquets as well.  My boquets the same no pink and the roses truly looked like normal roses and not the garden roses, that cost more might I add.  The boutiners only my husband got a rose.  The rest were daisies, and they looked terrible and cheap.

I was and still am pretty upset.  The only thing that was right was my husbands flower.  I did complain to the manager, and I got half of my money back.  The man was so rude to us, and acted like we were just bothering him.  That 50% was more than far, never apologized, never introduced himself or properly greeted us.  I had talked to him 2 times on the phone so I expected alot more, I expected even more even if I hadn't spoken to him on the phone.  I am really pissed about how we were treated about this.  More than the money, 200.00 is a whole days hard work for me.  Harris Teeter easily makes that in 5 minutes, and he made me feel like he just didn't care at all.  No custermer service at all.

As for photography we had his Mom do it.  She is a professional photographer, and while it saved us money..I hate the pictures and she didn't give it 100%.  If I could change things I would have paid someone and worried about hurt feelings later.  So for all of you that may be considering a friend or family member for photography make sure you can clearly communicate what you need from them on your wedding day.

Other than those things and the weather our wedding and reception were awesome, and I am happily married to the man of my dreams :)<3

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Congrats! I'm also a Jennette's Pier bride (9.14.13). I'm sorry your experience with Maggie was awful, but thank you so much for posting this. I've read mixed things about her. Did Jennette's Pier allow you to use their white chairs outside on the beach for the ceremony? I was originally told no by Michele, but my FI thinks that he can hopefully talk her into it since it will only be for 20 minutes. Renting chairs for a 20 minute ceremony is completely insane. Thoughts?
  • Ooops, sorry. I just read that wrong. I thought you had a beach ceremony...but mother nature had others plans :) my bad!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_vendor-reviews-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:15309eab-c4fb-48a4-8363-69300ed5356cPost:3c23f18e-d78a-4057-a130-a6efe3f823a1">Re: Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats! I'm also a Jennette's Pier bride (9.14.13). I'm sorry your experience with Maggie was awful, but thank you so much for posting this. I've read mixed things about her. Did Jennette's Pier allow you to use their white chairs outside on the beach for the ceremony? I was originally told no by Michele, but my FI thinks that he can hopefully talk her into it since it will only be for 20 minutes. Renting chairs for a 20 minute ceremony is completely insane. Thoughts?
    Posted by ashleecrabb[/QUOTE]
  • That's terrific about the Pier!! I'm so glad that worked out for you. You deserve it!

It's so strange that HT is having so many floral probs these days. Last year's group all had a wonderful experience with their flowers. This year, all of us have had big probs. After all the problems I had, I never heard a single response from the store manager or even customer service. The only person that eventually contacted me was a store manager from a completely different location!!! Kind as the 2nd HT manager may have been, it was WAYYY too late. My wedding was the next day.

I'm so sorry that happened to you. I know it's so frustrating to plan for a day you've waited your whole life for... and then some of the people and places you come into contact with don't seem to put the dedication in that is needed and deserved to make your dreams come true. It's very disappointing. 

But, anyhoo, I got swept away there in my own rant.... 

Congrats on your wedding. I'm so happy for you and so glad you had some wonderful surprises that came your way. You're right... mother nature helped you out! :) Congrats to the new MRS!
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_vendor-reviews-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:15309eab-c4fb-48a4-8363-69300ed5356cPost:3c23f18e-d78a-4057-a130-a6efe3f823a1">Re: Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]Renting chairs for a 20 minute ceremony is completely insane. Thoughts?
    Posted by ashleecrabb[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Yes- the cost of renting chairs is insane... at one point I made the mistake of figuring out what the cost was per chair per minute.... don't do this! haha You'll only get yourself peeved. haha</div>
  • I don't know about the chairs and outside from Jennettes, but I did rent 40 chairs from ocean atlantic rentals for $110.00.  So I guess I could've done a review for them too!  I just wanted to get the word out about the flowers fast.  When I met with Maggie I had mixed feelings but I felt ok in her ablilites to handle my order.

But Joe at Ocean Atlantic rentals was great to work with.  I rented 40 chairs (bc that is all you can have in Nags Head on the beach) 2 bamboo poles for our arch, for $30.  A sound system with a wireless mic also iPod ready (worked great too), 2 tables for $7 each (I had more of a casual bbqish reception), and a beach wheel chair.  I still used everything I rented and I didn't think we would need the chair anymore because no sand, but at the rehearsal our elderly had trouble with the pier so they got MVP treatment and pushed in to the pier.

As far as the HT Manager, what a joke!  He was the actual store manager, and made it seem like if I didn't come to the store in person he couldn't help me.  I luckily live an hour away and that part wasn't a big deal. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards