Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Jack and Jill Shower...NEED HELP!!!

13»

Re: Jack and Jill Shower...NEED HELP!!!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_jack-jill-showerneed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:838d92d6-1638-440c-badb-78b78e818088Post:fcd0647d-8f8c-460c-9804-5c6bd7bd4936">Re: Jack and Jill Shower...NEED HELP!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, again, before you get into worrying about these details, I feel (based on the information that I've been given from you) that you need to talk to your FI about the compromise issue.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

Agreed. 100%
  • Options
    "until I came around and told them I thought it was rude and tacky, they thought it was a great idea."

Why on earth would you tell your future inlaws that?  You're going to be sitting across from them for Thanksgiving for the rest of your life, what possessed you to start lipping off like that? 

You can just say, if pressed, "I'm simply not comfortable with it."  Repeat as necessary. 
  • Options
    Anna, you are 100% correct.

While I understand that you don't want to offend your FMIL... she wants to invite a bunch of people to a fundraising for your wedding who will then not be invited to your wedding. Definitely tell her that won't fly. But don't condemn the whole thing. Maybe just say you don't want that big a crowd, want to keep it low-key, don't feel right collecting money/inviting random people. Not, "Jack and Jills are horribly tacky. I cannot believe your family does this and I won't be part of it!"
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    ZOMG I would just like to say I feel sorry for your FI!!!!111111

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    JessTrav, you are truly pathetic.
  • Options
    Um, sure?

I don't really know what your issue is with me, but I do know that I don't really care.
  • Options
    Wait...where does the money go again? I don't feel like re-reading this thread.
    planning

• Options
    it's ultimately supposed to go to the honeymoon or something wedding related. I'm just not comfortable with it and thankfully now, my FI and I are on the same page. Phew!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards