Getting in Shape
Options

Your Top 3 Workout Songs

I looked through this board for music, but I must admit I can't stand lists of 15 different songs I have to download to find out I dislike. Nor do I like when someone states "anything by so-and-so" because we must all admit every band has some songs that just plain suck lol.

Everyone that's worked out to a playlist for any length of time has those old favorites they keep going back to. I want to know what you like so I can steal them! lol

"Let It Rock" by Kevin Rudolf

"Bombs Over Bahgdad" by Outkast

"Imma Be" by Black Eyed Peas

I linked the above songs to their music videos in YouTube, too :)
~Weeds are just flowers without an invitation.~

Re: Your Top 3 Workout Songs

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgFE5OQbt_g

Yolanda Be Cool - we no speak americano

Seriously, best song ever for running. BEST!
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-_aZnWnmJM&feature=fvst (warning, the video's filthy - nsfw).

Chica Boom-Dan Balan feat. Katie DiCicco
    But good workout music!

(btw, my music taste isn't as bad as it seems, I just love stuff with more a heavy beat for working out.
  • Options
    My go-to is definitely Bad Romance by Lady Gaga. I also like the Glee version of Don't Stop Believin' because both those songs really pick me up toward the end of my workout.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    wihltsabowwihltsabow member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_top-3-workout-songs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:54aee4a7-b7ea-4d75-bb48-98a5a90393d4Post:cc063d40-d4d3-4316-bb39-3ddd2e98dfe0">Re: Your Top 3 Workout Songs</a>:
    [QUOTE] (btw, my music taste isn't as bad as it seems, I just love stuff with more a heavy beat for working out.
    Posted by Marina007[/QUOTE]

Haha So true. I listen to a lot of techno when I run, but it's obnoxiously too repetitive for me to listen to anywhere else lol

And that We Speak No Americana song- what is it about songs in another language that is great for a workout? Gasolina is a great pace setter!
    ~Weeds are just flowers without an invitation.~
  • Options
    This is going to sound really awful, but my running music is totally one of my guilty pleasures. jagged little pill by alanis morissette.  I never listen to it unless i am running.

other than that pretty much anything with a solid beat.  eminem,  random rap, stp, bush, linkin park..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am a big fan of Queen when I am running.
    August 2011 Siggy Challenge - Favorite E-Pic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image 275 Invited image 113 Partying it up image 15 At home lonely image 145 MIA
  • Options
    Hi there!

For warmup running with a nice thumpy beat:
    "Honey" by Moby

To chug up a hill:
    "Pa'lante" by Ozomatli

To kick it to the end of a tough workout:
    "Aluminum Park" by My Morning Jacket

Happy working out!

• Options
    I totally agree with the techno stuff. I love Gasolina too! When I'm feeling really unmotivated, or I'm nearing a hill during a run, and I'm exhausted I put on "Hate me now" by Nas. Makes me want to work harder. Also, I like to run to "sex, drugs, & house" it's another techno song that I don't know the artist however you can def find it on youtube.
    And I know what you mean about saying "all of so and so's songs" but it's true about Britney Spears. I can totally listen to all her fast songs and get motivated while working out. Oh and try "Headsprung" by LL Cool J.
    I have tons more so I'll post again, but those are the ones that I can think of immediately. Alot of times I will go to google and try and find DJs' websites and download a mixtape from them, alot of them give them away online for free and the constant changing of the music on a mixtape always helps with my workouts.
  • Options
    tychandlertychandler member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    Rick Ross "Push It"

Outkast "Bombs over Baghdad"

and the top one is without a doubt The Jacksons "Can You Feel It."

I was doing a 5k last year in Tampa.  Started off good, but it was really hot and I got tired.  Several participants had passed me by and it looked like I was going to walk to the finish line, until "Can you Feel It" came on.  Not only did it give me a second wind, but I passed like five people, ran up a hill and all the way to the finish line.  It has been a staple ever since.

Honorable Mentions

Lenny Kravitz "Are you going to Go My Way"

Guns and Roses "Welcome to the Jungle"

Michael Jackson "I'm Bad"

TI "ASAP
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know you wanted specific songs, but I've found two entire cds to be fantastic...
    Save the Last Dance
    and
    Glee: Madonna

In general, I also find that anything from "back in the day" whenever that might have been is great because the songs are catchy and you know them really well, so it takes your mind off the workout itself.
  • Options

I like the Muse - Uprising (it was the song from the commercial for the movie with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Rock That Body (Black Eyed Peas)
    Believe (Cher)
    Bust a Move (Young MC)

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    "Hot and Cold" - Katy Perry
    "D.A.N.C.E. (MSTRKRFT Remix)" - Justice
    "Wolf Like Me" - TV On The Radio
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards