Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good morning!

Hi everyone!  Ready for another week?

H and I just realized that our vacation starts in 3 weeks, and we have no plans.  Eek.  We're debating over going international vs roadtripping.  With rental car costs and a stronger dollar (compared to the Euro), the cost difference isn't that big, so I'm sort of pushing to go abroad.  The question is where.

I also have two spastic kittens running around right now.  And a dog who desperately wants to chase them but outweighs the larger kitten by 700%.

Re: Good morning!

• I think  you should go on a Mediterranean trip so that I can live vicariously through your pictures.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Good morning. I think you should come to NC. 

I'm going to change my name with the school today. I hate that I work all day so I have to get up early and go the minute the office opens so I can be at work by 9.
  • Morning! I am still hating opening shifts. At least I get tomorrow off. Only a month until our visit to Canada, the first time I'll have been home since I moved down here. I can't wait. And the day after we get back is when my classes start, which I'm also super excited about. I ordered all my textbooks on Saturday. 
  • Any - I thought that said you were still hating opening gifts.  I was all "What?  What's wrong with you?" =-D

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-256?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a3765b22-3177-4de7-af9f-77e1672d7cc5Post:9cc68635-6500-42e1-8492-035818096569">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any - I thought that said you were still hating opening gifts.  I was all "What?  What's wrong with you?" =-D
    Posted by Mrs.B6302007[/QUOTE]

<div>Hah, yeah, I definitely love that.</div>
  • Oh, Mica.  Canada would be another idea.  You could go to the PNW or to PEI and Nova Scotia.

• NC was on our list, but H's idea was to rent a cabin and go fly fishing all week.  That was NOT my idea of a fun week (I can handle maybe a day of fishing).  I figured most of TK's NC folks weren't living by the Great Smoky Mountains anyway.

I'm trying to push for Spain or Portugal.  Or Mexico, if H's friends are around and want to invite us to their estate.
  • I mentioned Canada to H too.  I would love to go to PEI and pretend to be Anne of Green Gables.
  • That's exactly why I want to go!

• Any, what classes are you taking? I can't wait for the semester to start either. I'm bored with summer haha
  • Morning everyone! FI took me to a winery this weekend for an early birthday gift. We got lost and ended up offroading in our little Camry, which was a little scary. I also started the 30 day shred last night. It was a lot harder than I expected. Mica, I miss crazy kittens. Ada still thinks she is a kitten sometimes and tears through the house, but they are just so fun as little ones!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I wish I could keep the kittens little forever.  They are so cute.  Someone should find a way to slow down cat maturation and breed cats that are kittens for at least four years.  (I'm kidding, mostly.)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-256?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a3765b22-3177-4de7-af9f-77e1672d7cc5Post:80924a4b-7924-470f-9a4e-307a1241e2c1">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any, what classes are you taking? I can't wait for the semester to start either. I'm bored with summer haha
    Posted by aleighk1[/QUOTE]

<div>I've goooooot, Intro to Cell Biology, Chemistry 1/Lab, Probability and Statistics, English, and Intro to Philosophy.</div>
  • I really wanted to go to Prague and Munich, but H nixed all inland Europe.

H is a travel bummer sometimes.
  • Winnertag1Winnertag1 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Morning all! The district manager might be coming into work today so I'm not exactly looking forward to that but I have a short day & since its our laundry day I have  to come home and do that =)

School is stressing me out, I still havent registered for any classes yet since I am still sorting out the issue so I've been panicking about not having any spots left when it finally does. I've been contemplating just paying it and hoping I get a refund. 

Any - I never knew you were from Canada! What part are you from?

Mica - Come up to Canada! Do a Quebec & PEI trip, both places are gorgeous. Stop by Quebec City =)

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cfas - have you been to Munich before? How long are you going to be there? I spent a summer there once and it was absolutely beautiful, probably one of my favourite places I've visited. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good morning!  I am jealous of everyone's vacation plans. 

Any, that schedule looks like murder.

Mica, I ditto PEI.  I went when I was 15 and it is gorgeous.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Good morning!

I'm getting ready to go sit at the SS office and the DMV all over again.  YAY!  I tried to do this in June and waiting 2 hours at the SS office only to have them essentially tell me I don't exist.  I had to order my long form birth certificate and get my SS card from my parents, so here's to hoping this goes better than the last time.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hola mamacitas.  How goes it?  I'm over work already today, I have so much shiiit to do. 

• Morning.

I am exhausted. H and I were at the game last night and didn't get home until around 11:30. We made it to IKEA on Saturday and 5-10 minutes into the place I turned to him and said "I want a house". IKEA is amazing.

Mica, what does your H have against inland Europe? Munich is beautiful. Spain is great too though so that's where my vote lies.

Angel, I feel your pain. The SS office told my grandma she didn't exist too. Good luck today!
  • Morning!  I'm ready for tomorrow.  We're going to see Big Head Todd and Barenaked Ladies (and Cracker and I think one other band)!  I'm super excited.  Then we have 311 and Slightly Stoopid on Friday.  I can't believe it's only two weeks until I give notice.  It's really snuck up on me.

Mica, I say you take me with you instead of your H.  I'll go wherever you want :)

Hi Stacks!  I haven't seen you in forever.  Is your big conference over?
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • LTB - I know! I love the way they have everything set up, but it only makes it harder to walk away. Some of those kitchen islands are just downright amazing. We did find the headboard we want so we'll be going back soon.

Beanie - I was a temp to hire at the company I work for now and the company itself was the one to call me and do interviews and such. I had to do my drug tests, background checks, etc. through the temp agency. If you know for sure that the temp agency gave your resume to the client, I would call the client to follow up just like you would any other prospective employer.
  • Thanks, midge!  I love IKEA too.  I have always bought my duvet covers from there in the past because they are inexpensive and they wash up to be nice and soft.  I really wanted to buy a couch from there to update our living room but I'm still talking H into that. ;)

Beanie, I don't think that's normal for a temp agency.  I would definitely call them and see if they can give you any info.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Beanie, call them back.  Their job is to get you a job, if you don't follow up they may think you've lost interest or found a job somewhere else and just didn't tell them.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-256?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a3765b22-3177-4de7-af9f-77e1672d7cc5Post:7a5d2954-d302-4806-9d9c-8d1ab4edd70f">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beanie, call them back.  Their job is to get you a job, if you don't follow up they may think you've lost interest or found a job somewhere else and just didn't tell them.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  I signed up with a temp agency when I got laid off years ago, but I never followed up with them so I never heard anything more from them.

• YES!  The conference is OVAH!  So glad too!  It went so great and has had great reviews, so I'm happy.  Just waiting on that raise now.  I came back to work for a week after that and then took 2 weeks off for "vacation".  We just sat at home, shopped a ton, ate out a ton, drank a ton.  It was glorious.  Now I'm back to the real world.  It's overrated.
  • So I'm filling out the application for a new passport and this shiiit is so confusing. I don't know where to use my maiden name and where to use my married name.
  • I'm glad it went well!  Your vacation sounds delightful.  I love staying home and just not doing anything.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-256?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a3765b22-3177-4de7-af9f-77e1672d7cc5Post:a0cd6105-5f68-42ec-8ff1-f730e3ad7d2f">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cfas and Midge (and other OUaT watchers): Have you seen where they have cast Sleeping Beauty, Mulan, and we get Capt Hook?!
    Posted by Beaniebeach[/QUOTE]

YES! I knew about the first two a few weeks ago I think but I just found out about Captain Hook this morning. I really want to know who's playing him but the short article I saw didn't have any information about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards