Snarky Brides

Pretty Princess Day? Really?

2»

Re: Pretty Princess Day? Really?

• omgomgomgomg. BABY E!!!! Hi little tiny!! How are you??
  • xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    Before I go nigh nights. Sucrets your daughter is delicious! She is so adorable.

Aaand. Meg, I love your moves.
  • Happy birthday, xoxob!!!!  Act surprised!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hiya! 

Emma is home, we got discharged from the NICU around 5pm yesterday.  It's been interesting so far, but we've been doing well.  She seems to be a pretty even tempered baby.  She'll get hungry and cry a tiny bit and then calm herself down before she even gets fed.  I can't tell if that's a good or a bad thing yet.

Her first dr appt is tomorrow.

I'm probably going to nap now, though.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Happy Birthday xoxob!

Baby Emma better have that crown saved for her! What a dollface.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Happy Birthday Xoxo!

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • awww that's great! hungry baby makes me all smiles :)
  • OMG Sucrets, hiiii! Hi Emmadorable!

Happy birthday xoxo!

MegK8, love your new sig!

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Hiya bg, long time no see!

I should nap, but I now have a sleeping baby on my chest.  Awwww.

• AWW, too cute! I bet she smells like baby. :) How is it having her home?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Tiring!

• I bet. At least now you can take naps together though. Are you able to have her in the bed with you guys?

• Happy new baby Sucrets! Happy birthday XO.
  • OK just to play devil's advocate - I had a pretty pretty princess day. But in my defense my husband was the one that wanted the dang thing. i wanted a beach wedding in jamacia.

He chose a 14th century castle in Scotland as our venue, he chose my dress and yes, girls, he picked out the TIARA that yep, I did wear for him.

I honestly think that in THIS venue, the "pretty pretty princess" theme turned out pretty darn good. But I agree that usually when girls try it at field venues or other type places it's like "seriously, what were you thinking?!"

Here's some pictures, you tell me what you think if the tiara or stuff didn't go with the venue:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/cbhjr98/sets/72157623918553188/

Cass

My Ceremony Location - Scottish Castle

,p> save the date
  • edited April 2010
    People who let bad manners, 'zilla tendencies, and delusions of royal Disneyfied entitlement overcome a solemn and life-changing event must not have a lot else in their lives to celebrate.

Like this is their ONE shot to be noticed and/or important.  Seems sort of needy.

(This is SNARKY Brides, right?)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pretty-princess-day-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f9d59ff-553f-4ac1-b925-4cd50e1268d6Post:4f6f0171-6114-404d-8a85-64d3f1a12ece">Re: Pretty Princess Day? Really?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK just to play devil's advocate - I had a pretty pretty princess day. But in my defense my husband was the one that wanted the dang thing. i wanted a beach wedding in jamacia. He chose a 14th century castle in Scotland as our venue, he chose my dress and yes, girls, he picked out the TIARA that yep, I did wear for him. I honestly think that in THIS venue, the "pretty pretty princess" theme turned out pretty darn good. But I agree that usually when girls try it at field venues or other type places it's like "seriously, what were you thinking?!" Here's some pictures, you tell me what you think if the tiara or stuff didn't go with the venue: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/cbhjr98/sets/72157623918553188/" title="Linkification: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cbhjr98/sets/72157623918553188/" class="linkification-ext">http://www.flickr.com/photos/cbhjr98/sets/72157623918553188/</a> Cass
    Posted by Cass987[/QUOTE]

Cass, I don't really have a problem with the literal representation of a pretty princess day, just the attitudinal one. Your wedding looked amazing. :)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pretty-princess-day-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f9d59ff-553f-4ac1-b925-4cd50e1268d6Post:4a319c29-2ad1-4d94-bb3d-6c2861cafff6">Re: Pretty Princess Day? Really?</a>:
    [QUOTE]People who let bad manners, 'zilla tendencies, and delusions of royal Disneyfied entitlement overcome a solemn and life-changing event must not have a lot else in their lives to celebrate. Like this is their ONE shot to be noticed and/or important.  Seems sort of needy. (This is SNARKY Brides, right?)
    Posted by maria.pedroza[/QUOTE]
    I totally agree with this! This is a much better description of what I have problems with in the "I'm the queen of the day" syndrome!

My Ceremony Location - Scottish Castle

,p> save the date
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pretty-princess-day-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f9d59ff-553f-4ac1-b925-4cd50e1268d6Post:3e15edbc-79ca-4013-bf4b-666a4cbe538a">Pretty Princess Day? Really?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone else wonder, what's up with the whole "Pretty Princess Day" thing? Is that really the image a lot of brides to be have of their wedding day? Really? I hear a lot of it here.  It is not a "Pretty Princess Day" , really where you just get all sorts of attention heaped on you. It is a really amazing and serious thing you are doing, and for me anyway the stress in the 24 hours beforehand was intense. I breathed a huge sigh of relieve after we said our vows. It was beautiful, intense, magical but not  some little girl "me, me, me" thing. That is a kid's birthday party, not a wedding
    Posted by Lenore2010[/QUOTE]

The whole thought of a Pretty Princess Day makes me want to throw up in my mouth.  We are brides, not toddlers.
  • Happy Birthday xoxob

Beautiful Baby Sucrets!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pretty-princess-day-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f9d59ff-553f-4ac1-b925-4cd50e1268d6Post:940731ae-51ad-44dc-a424-8703479f714b">Re: Pretty Princess Day? Really?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pretty Princess Day? Really? : I totally agree with this! This is a much better description of what I have problems with in the "I'm the queen of the day" syndrome!
    Posted by Cass987[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow Cass looks like a beautiful wedding! I agree, as a theme it's all good, the attitude is the issue, not castles and romance. A good friend had a "once upon a time" fairy tale theme for her wedding, and it was fun and lovely. She even wore a tiarra. She also got up from the head table and started passing out extra chocolate favors to guests and giving hugs, no attitude issues with her.</div>
  • Ya it is an intense. The bride does receive a lot of attention, but the day is about both the bride and the grooms love for one another. I felt special, but I didn't think it was a princess day. I looked at it as a day to share the love my fiance and I had with our closest friends and family.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards