Nevada-Las Vegas

HELP! Caesar's Palace brides

Our WC contacted us last week to start finalizing our plans. For music, our pkg includes a keyboardist, but we're planning on bringing our own CD to play for the ceremony (in their outdoor Venus Garden location).

I noticed though that she mentioned there is a $175 fee to use the PA system?!?

What did you ladies use for your music? Did you pay this outrageous fee? I don't remember anyone ever talking about it before.

TIA!

BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker

Re: HELP! Caesar's Palace brides

• sagi122sagi122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually emailed my WC yesterday about this.  I told her I wanted to use a CD instead of the keyboardist, and if there was an additional charge.  She told  me no.  I'm getting married in the Venus Garden too!  April 16.
    BFP: 1/11/11, Large Cystic Hygroma & heart defect, Lost baby on 3/30/11 at 16w 4d.
  • jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just looked over my contract, and there is NO fee for using the PA system. We waived the musician for additional flowers for the ceremony. We gave Melissa our CD of the songs we wanted to be played before, during and after the ceremony for no extra fee. HTH and keep us posted, who is your WC?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_caesars-palace-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ac6b5ff8-8138-4bbc-885b-9c4bd4ed8978Post:ba2fbf3c-1f4f-4d35-bf4c-fb7984068f7e">Re: HELP! Caesar's Palace brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just looked over my contract, and there is NO fee for using the PA system. <strong>We waived the musician for additional flowers for the ceremony</strong>. We gave Melissa our CD of the songs we wanted to be played before, during and after the ceremony for no extra fee. HTH and keep us posted, who is your WC?
    Posted by jccswl[/QUOTE]
    i love this idea!  definitely going to look into it for my wedding.  i'd much rather have a cd played and not have to shell out more money for flowers :)
  • SunnyCanadianSunnyCanadian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm that's fishy...I asked my WC (Brooke) if I "need" to rent the PA, and she said no its not necessary, the sound just transmits better. Well now I'm curious....what would the music be played on if I didn't get the PA system? She also said it would include a microphone for the officiant. Should I be worred about this?

jccswl - Did your guests have any problems hearing the ceremony at all?

(I'm not sure how many guests you had, but we're expecting around 40 if that helps.)
    BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
    BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, the officiant has a microphone and stand, and they hook your FI with a mic too, so everyone can hear us. I'm working on loading the ceremony cd to my bio, so that you'll have an idea how it sounds.
  • rxt403rxt403 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @jccswl Hi there! I've been fairly quiet on these boards, but I would like to know how long it took for you to get your ceremony dvd? Did you have to track Caesars Palace videographer down or did they mail it to you? Any info would be great. Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    The day after the ceremony I met with the photographer salesman to look over my pictures and I got the CD of pictures and video that day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards