Not Engaged Yet

KUI - Who's Around?

Re: KUI - Who's Around?

• desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:c2fe033d-06ab-4138-bc8a-dfd9099d7b95">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI - Who's Around? : We were going to TTC on our honeymoon... but he has been having cold feet lately, because he wants to travel out of the country more. It's not like we're young..... I'm so bummed... how can he dump this on me now?? Argh.
    Posted by NurseyK[/QUOTE]

<div>Honestly, I think my H and I are both really happy we had time to just be married and savor being newlyweds. Our first year of marriage was pretty blissful and I'm glad we had that time.</div><div>
    </div><div>That said, even if you do take some time, hopefully he won't make you wait TOO long! Tell him he needs to start planning these travels now! :)</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:970a7e09-9b8b-46a5-a7e9-f7fbedeef1a5">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]For the record, that 1st drink got me buzzed... feelin a lil off kilter.

Niiiice.  Have another.  :)

Again, bad influence here!
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:0d9ae3c4-9e14-4efc-a242-c21577b32752">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gosh this thread went viral!  I love it! SPK- I know... *blushes*  Maybe I should start by having sex and then go from there lol.  <strong>I am also a little scared of having sex.</strong>  But only a little.  :) Poo water sounds nasty!!!  Ew!  Elle congrats on your gold!  RDR- I DEMAND dress pictures!  You are too pretty to not share!
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, my first time didn't hurt.  Not.  At.  All.  It was a little weird, still, but nothing traumatic.
  • beanbot2002beanbot2002 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:25065cc8-a9c0-4617-bc5d-fdede41916f3">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rdr-Pictures for sure!! Beanbot-Oh lord, that sounds like hell. Men think they have it rough..please! Nursey-That is a new one! LOL
    Posted by jaycee7389[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Whadya mean?? It was totally the MOST fun EVER. HA! They had me so doped that didn't feel a thing. And the sick thing? I feel like I was robbed. I'm thinking that I want an at home, totally natural birth next time around. Masochist? Yeah...probably.</div>
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am sorry he said that Nursey.  But I agree with Desert, enjoy being married for a little bit first.  :)  Otherwise you would be BSC for babies.  And we wouldn't want that :) 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:3bd6db5d-aa3e-4235-ae05-3517bce4f2ea">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI - Who's Around? : Thank you, thank you.  <strong>I'm in such a good freakin' mood right now.  It's kinda ridiculous</strong>.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>This makes me happy!!!!!!!!!!!</div>

• SKP82SKP82 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:0d9ae3c4-9e14-4efc-a242-c21577b32752">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gosh this thread went viral!  I love it! SPK- I know... *blushes*  <strong>Maybe I should start by having sex and then go from there lol.  </strong>I am also a little scared of having sex.  But only a little.  :) Poo water sounds nasty!!!  Ew!  Elle congrats on your gold!  RDR- I DEMAND dress pictures!  You are too pretty to not share!

:)  That's a good start.  And I understand being a little scared of having sex for the first time, but you'll be okay.  :)
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Jesus.  I walk away to rip seams and fix this damn quilt and come back and can't even comprehend what happened.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:7ec04bd3-8fa8-45b0-8940-426ee3c117fc">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI - Who's Around? : Honestly, I think my H and I are both really happy we had time to just be married and savor being newlyweds. Our first year of marriage was pretty blissful and I'm glad we had that time. That said, even if you do take some time, hopefully he won't make you wait TOO long! Tell him he needs to start planning these travels now! :)
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

Well his plan is to still go to Machu Pichu (in Peru) next fall... and if I am preggs by then (highly unlikely) then I won't to do as much. Unless I'm puking a lot, we will still travel next fall. Or so we plan.

Funny how he thinks we can afford something like that after both a wedding and a major trip to Hawaii. Haha... only time will tell.
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • jorja86jorja86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:3678e288-689c-42ec-a434-b813de533349">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI - Who's Around? : Oh, Lunar, you and your earth mother crunchy granola-ness. LOL <3 And yeah, hellz to the NO. People POO in the WATER.  *shudder* I mean, I am all for you doing what you want to do. I don't judge people who have water births AT ALL. I just know it's not for me. Or my H. He would flip his lid if I squeezed his firstborn out into poo water. We are planning to do a hospital birth and while I would ideally prefer natural b/c I know it's better for the baby, I am not at all opposed to an epidural, either if that is what I feel I need to do to find some kind of enjoyment in the process. I have a fitness program that is supposed to help me strengthen all the good pushing muscles, so that even if I do get an epidural, I will at least have some muscle memory to help with the pushing.

Desert, I love you.

Also, I'm totally fascinated with pregnancy and birth. I would absolutely LOVE to take my career there some day, so I might ask you lots of questions if that's ok. I think I've been driving me friend (whose baby shower we're going to tomorrow) crazy.
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:44f8397d-7c05-421f-8894-359ac02b199d">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI - Who's Around? : For what it's worth, my first time didn't hurt.  Not.  At.  All.  It was a little weird, still, but nothing traumatic.

Mine didn't hurt either.  There was a little pressure and that was it.  I also didn't bleed at all.

I think it helped that I was really turned on and lubricated...  TMI?  Wait, this is a KUI thread, so I doubt that's TMI...
    IMG_6364
  • jorja86jorja86 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:44f8397d-7c05-421f-8894-359ac02b199d">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI - Who's Around? : For what it's worth, my first time didn't hurt.  Not.  At.  All.  It was a little weird, still, but nothing traumatic.

Mine either. Lots of foreplay and possibly lube is key.

Or, you know, in my case, alcohol.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:44f8397d-7c05-421f-8894-359ac02b199d">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    I have heard it both ways.  It's hard for me though, do to my past.  :/  But hopefully it won't hurt :)
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• edited December 2011
    SKP - you must have been a good bartender

Raven - My 1st time didn't hurt either... in fact it was more anticlimactic than what I wanted. Tip: for your first time, don't expect anything.
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:c6335513-5eeb-41b6-99e8-87f81e3a044e">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI - Who's Around? : I have heard it both ways.  It's hard for me though, do to my past.  :/  But hopefully it won't hurt :)

Just take your time and be relaxed.  Also, try to be as turned on as SKP was; that helps.  If that fails:  astroglide.

You'll be fine.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:cb4e7f0f-cc67-4fe9-9e37-a300cfa5db77">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI - Who's Around? : Whadya mean?? It was totally the MOST fun EVER. HA! They had me so doped that didn't feel a thing. And the sick thing? I feel like I was robbed. I'm thinking that I want an at home, totally natural birth next time around. <strong>Masochist? </strong>Yeah...probably.
    Posted by beanbot2002[/QUOTE]

Lol..sounds like it! No, honestly I can see feeling that way. I won't lie to myself though, as much as I want to go the natural route I just can't see myself not giving in.
    5/27/12
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:99c8a404-cccc-4ebf-8e0d-d21438dc0adb">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]SKP - you must have been a good bartender Raven - My 1st time didn't hurt either... in fact it was more anticlimactic than what I wanted. <strong>Tip: for your first time, don't expect anything.</strong>

This, too.
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:99c8a404-cccc-4ebf-8e0d-d21438dc0adb">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]SKP - you must have been a good bartender Raven - My 1st time didn't hurt either... in fact it was more anticlimactic than what I wanted. <strong>Tip: for your first time, don't expect anything.</strong>

<div>This is SO true.</div>

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:ccea7efa-e33f-475c-8891-0c586429d9fd">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI - Who's Around? : Desert, I love you. Also, I'm totally fascinated with pregnancy and birth. I would absolutely LOVE to take my career there some day, so I might ask you lots of questions if that's ok. I think I've been driving me friend (whose baby shower we're going to tomorrow) crazy.
    Posted by jorja86[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto. I think you rock and I am always glad to see a post from you. :)</div><div>
    </div><div>And yeah, feel free to ask me whatever!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>

edited December 2011
    Lol everyone should tell them their first time stories for fun :) 
    Peeks did you fix it?

Married! May 27th, 2012

• SKP82SKP82 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:bdf0fbad-7e80-4d92-8305-3f6261dc57c9">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI - Who's Around? : Just take your time and be relaxed. <strong> Also, try to be as turned on as SKP was; that helps</strong>.  If that fails:  astroglide. You'll be fine.

LOL. 
    IMG_6364
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:c6335513-5eeb-41b6-99e8-87f81e3a044e">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI - Who's Around? : I have heard it both ways.  It's hard for me though, do to my past.  :/  But hopefully it won't hurt :)

Not really sure what that is referring to..buuut my best advice would be to try to let it happen in the heat of the moment instead of "making" it happen. That's when it will hurt cause you're not turned on enough!
    5/27/12
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:097c1465-8a0d-4a9f-a8ce-f470154e0f14">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lol everyone should tell them their first time stories for fun :)  Peeks did you fix it?

You should start a new thread since this would be a story book for your enjoyment :)(
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • jorja86jorja86 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:d6b579bc-01b6-4f49-95b8-4e7d46e44190">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI - Who's Around? : Ditto. I think you rock and I am always glad to see a post from you. :) And yeah, feel free to ask me whatever!

This just made my night. I'm such a dork.

Also, did anyone else notice we are now in Pacific Standard Time? I was kind of confused as to why this post started at 5:30, but now I get it.

Oh! And, I got my SS gift tonight, and I am so excited to send it!
  • beanbot2002beanbot2002 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:cf0d0e00-ee86-47aa-ba7f-cd0ca15023f7">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI - Who's Around? : Lol..sounds like it! No, honestly I can see feeling that way. I won't lie to myself though, as much as I want to go the natural route I just can't see myself not giving in.

<div>It was around hour 13 that I threw in the towel and begged for the epidural. He finally came out (via assistance) at hour 27.5. </div><div>
    </div><div>Sorry if I'm totally freaking anyone out. It's the beer...</div>
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• SKP82SKP82 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:99c8a404-cccc-4ebf-8e0d-d21438dc0adb">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>SKP - you must have been a good bartender</strong> Raven - My 1st time didn't hurt either... in fact it was more anticlimactic than what I wanted. Tip: for your first time, don't expect anything.

Duh!
    IMG_6364
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:63109ee3-b876-4aca-9004-a5cbce76e7ec">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI - Who's Around? : This just made my night. I'm such a dork. Also, <strong>did anyone else notice we are now in Pacific Standard Time?</strong> I was kind of confused as to why this post started at 5:30, but now I get it. Oh! And, I got my SS gift tonight, and I am so excited to send it!
    Posted by jorja86[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought I was more tipsy than I realized at first. It bugs me!
    5/27/12
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:a94aa8f9-6154-42e3-bc46-494be6842e76">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI - Who's Around? : Not really sure what that is referring to..buuut my best advice would be to try to let it happen in the heat of the moment instead of "making" it happen. That's when it will hurt cause you're not turned on enough!
    Does doing it on the wedding night count as making it happen?  FI is majorly looking forward to it.  I'm afraid that I am going to disappoint him :/

Ah crap I didn't mean this thread to turn into a Raven's lack of sex and fears thread.  lol

Married! May 27th, 2012

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_kui-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:334c5e9a-e49d-47f7-abde-f11452be1925Post:bdf0fbad-7e80-4d92-8305-3f6261dc57c9">Re: KUI - Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KUI - Who's Around? : Just take your time and be relaxed.  Also, try to be as turned on as SKP was; that helps.  If that fails:  astroglide. You'll be fine.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yes, this!</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, FTR, I still hate having a pelvic exam. I have a primary care doc I've been seeing for years who I only now finally don't freak out completely when I have to have one. Seeing a new doctor, an OB/GYN, for my first prenatal appointment...I was really nervous. I don't like it. But it's just one of those things I have to do to have a child, and so I try to just take deep breaths and relax and just get through it. It's NEVER been painful for me, though!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>

• jorja86jorja86 member
    edited December 2011

Jaycee-I don't think I've been around at the same time as you since you came back around.

How is school going? You're finished this year, right? Looking at jobs yet?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards