September 2013 Weddings

Life is a gift...

I have been absent from the boards all week and I am just now getting the strength to get back into the swing of things. Last Thursday, November 29- my 2 1/2month old nephew passed away unexpectedly. He passed in his sleep while at the sitter's for a nap.He was a beautiful, healthy, loving boy and he will forever be our angel.

I am going to put the wedding planning on a short hold until after the holidays but hearing the other girls plans and how you are all moving forward to your big day is a much needed distraction for me! Thank you ladies for being such great people!

Having this happen, just shows me how great the bond is between our family, my fiance and my friends. If this little baby has taught me anything in his short life, it is that no day is a given and we must remember this and always step back and be sure to tell our loved ones how we feel. <3
Wedding Countdown Ticker
September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Life is a gift...

• I am so terribly sorry to hear this.  My deepest condolences for your family.  Sending so many hugs to you.   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm so sorry to hear that my prayers are with you and your family!
  • I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you can find comfort with your family and friends.
    I'll be thinking about you.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  I can't even find the right words but I'll be thinking about you and your family.

You are all in my prayers.
  • I am so so sorry to hear that :(

I am thinking about you and your entire family today and always.

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't think any words can describe the sorrow I feel for you and your family. Stay strong through this trying time. I'm glad we can offer a plesant distraction, and hope you come visit us whenever you need a smile.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you all! Your kind words mean so much to me!!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just want to second what everyone else said. So sorry to hear this. Hope you have some good friends and families to keep close to in this hard time. Sending you lots of prayers and good wishes.
  • I'm really sorry to hear this. In 2010 my 2 month old niece passed away from SIDS and it's something I would never wish upon anyone. My prayers are with you and your family :)
  • So sorry to hear about your loss. That is devastating. You and your famliy are in my thoughts. 
  •  Your story breaks my heart.  My condolences to your family. Let us know if there is anythign we can do (via the web)
  • I noticed you hasn't posted in a while.  I'm so very sorry that this happened to your family.  It's just so devastating and no words can make the pain go away.  Every death is painful but there its just that much more devastating when it's a baby or child. 

13 months ago a very close friend of mine was eager to deliver her first child after her and her husband struggled for many years to get pregnant.  But a day before she was scheduled to deliver, the heartbeat and movement stopped.  The umbilical cord had become knotted and the baby suffocated.  She had to deliver her fullterm baby despite her passing and try to spend as much time with her as possible before they had to plan a funeral.  It wasjust unbelievablly painful and I still tear up thinking of what she went through.  But through their pain, they were able to conceive again while they weren't trying and today she is being induced to deliver her second child, a boy.  Everyone is holding their breath until he's finally here and all is safe to send congratulations.  But your story just emphasises that even when they make it --- anything can happen at anytime and each day is a gift. 

Thank you for sharing your story, KSerafin.  Through the craziness of the holidays and all of us trying to plan the "perfect" wedding we can lose sight sometimes of what is truly important.  Love and family.... that's what really matters.  
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_life-is-a-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:31f910f8-a6b2-487d-b2a0-d72838068c19Post:fe88f6bb-8474-4ec1-8ec4-65c055579c00">Re: Life is a gift...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm really sorry to hear this. In 2010 my 2 month old niece passed away from SIDS and it's something I would never wish upon anyone. My prayers are with you and your family :)
    Posted by jessica2244[/QUOTE]

We also believe that it was SIDS. It is just so unexpected and devastating. I am sorry for your loss as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_life-is-a-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:31f910f8-a6b2-487d-b2a0-d72838068c19Post:5938090a-af2b-4736-be12-f0795b3c7283">Re: Life is a gift...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I noticed you hasn't posted in a while.  I'm so very sorry that this happened to your family.  It's just so devastating and no words can make the pain go away.  Every death is painful but there its just that much more devastating when it's a baby or child.  13 months ago a very close friend of mine was eager to deliver her first child after her and her husband struggled for many years to get pregnant.  But a day before she was scheduled to deliver, the heartbeat and movement stopped.  The umbilical cord had become knotted and the baby suffocated.  She had to deliver her fullterm baby despite her passing and try to spend as much time with her as possible before they had to plan a funeral.  It wasjust unbelievablly painful and I still tear up thinking of what she went through.  But through their pain, they were able to conceive again while they weren't trying and today she is being induced to deliver her second child, a boy.  Everyone is holding their breath until he's finally here and all is safe to send congratulations.  But your story just emphasises that even when they make it --- anything can happen at anytime and each day is a gift.  Thank you for sharing your story, KSerafin.  Through the craziness of the holidays and all of us trying to plan the "perfect" wedding we can lose sight sometimes of what is truly important.  Love and family.... that's what really matters.  
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

Oh my I can't even imagine what your friend had to deal with in going through that. I am so glad that she was able to have another child and that is so crazy that she is being induced today. I wish your friend all the best!

Your story gave me happy tears. I know there is light at the end of the tunnel for me and my family and your friend proves this. Whether or not my sister decides to have another child, we don't know yet... but who knows, maybe my nephew is up there smiling on your friend's baby that is going to be born today :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am so sorry :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_life-is-a-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:31f910f8-a6b2-487d-b2a0-d72838068c19Post:dfd0847f-d7b9-4a87-a569-452046f7cb7f">Re: Life is a gift...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Life is a gift... : Oh my I can't even imagine what your friend had to deal with in going through that. I am so glad that she was able to have another child and that is so crazy that she is being induced today. I wish your friend all the best! Your story gave me happy tears. I know there is light at the end of the tunnel for me and my family and your friend proves this. Whether or not my sister decides to have another child, we don't know yet... but who knows, maybe my nephew is up there smiling on your friend's baby that is going to be born today :)
    Posted by KSerafin17[/QUOTE]

Baby Lucas was born this morning about 4am and is absolutey perfect and very loved. Miracles such as these give me faith that with all bad things, it will eventually get better.  I hope your family finds strength through the tears and that you're all able to take each day one by one as time eventually tries to heal your broken hearts. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Oh wow - I can't imagine.  As a mother, this made me tear up.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  I am so, so sorry to hear about this...
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards