Wedding Invitations & Paper

RSVP Wording

What is the proper RSVP wording if your are not giving meal choices?  Just need to know if they are coming or not and how many.

Re: RSVP Wording

• I am doing the same thing.  This is what I have.  Short, simple and to the point.  :)

A favor of a reply is requested by
    the first of August.

M__________________________________

Number attending______

Accepts with pleasure_____
    Declines with regret______

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Most common is:
    M____________
    ___Declines with regret
    ___Accepts with pleasure
           Number of people in party:___

Be careful with the last line, as it might invite a higher number than on the invitation. An alternative is:
    M____________
    ___seats have been reserved in your honor [honour]

___Declines with regret
    ___Accepts with pleasure
  • Also, with these simple response cards, there's room on them for the guests to write any necessary explanations. "Mark Smith attending; Jane Smith unable to attend" "Mark and Jane Smith attending with Johnny but not Petey" etc. I know I've completed such complicated RSVPs for my family.
  • This is what we're doing:

Kindly reply by the twenty-sixth of May
    M_____________
    ___ number attending
    ___ decline

Rather than checking "attending" and then having to write in a number, we're doing that all on one line to save room on the card, plus I think it's just simpler overall.
  • PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    Just put accepts or declines.  Don't presume to know the responders emotion - maybe they are accepting with regret.
  • These suggestions are great, but what about people who are vegetarian? Is it not neccessary to find out how many have various dietary restrictions?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards