Nebraska-Omaha
Options

Courthouse or Justice of the peace options

We are looking into the courthouse route for our "wedding".  We'd then opt for a big bash reception at a later date.  This is my second marriage and his third so we've had the big wedding before and would rather not do that.  I've done a bit of research on what is needed, but would love to hear from those that have done it. 

I plan on wearing a "wedding" dress and he'd be in a suit.  I'm making the flowers, corsages, and boutenierres.

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Courthouse or Justice of the peace options

• Options
    I did not have a courthouse wedding but I am sure it will be beautiful. Good luck!

• Options
    Why use a judge or justice of the peace when you can have an actual wedding officiant for $100?

Call me.

Amber Weinacht, Owner
    Heart & Soul Ceremonies
    402-599-9405
    OmahaOfficiant@gmail.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_courthouse-or-justice-of-the-peace-options?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:79Discussion:4d735508-de79-4051-9770-4a4a89b0d1b3Post:d3136ec1-7e5c-4e20-8495-f543d11a89c0">Re: Courthouse or Justice of the peace options</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why use a judge or justice of the peace when you can have an actual wedding officiant for $100? Call me. Amber Weinacht, Owner Heart & Soul Ceremonies 402-599-9405 OmahaOfficiant@gmail.com
    Posted by OmahaOfficiant[/QUOTE]

You can not advertise on here. Please remove yourself from the Knot.

• Options
    As I understand, when you go to the Douglas County Courthouse/Civic Center to apply for your marriage license (in the basement), if you ask about having a judge marry you they'll provide a list of judges to contact. Some will even meet you on a weekend.
  • Options
    Had a court house wedding,  in Dougle county.  It was way more than expected.  Judge Darall married us.  Highly recommend.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_courthouse-or-justice-of-the-peace-options?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:79Discussion:4d735508-de79-4051-9770-4a4a89b0d1b3Post:30422abe-9aa4-4379-a31e-69f8b997d191">Re: Courthouse or Justice of the peace options</a>:
    [QUOTE]Had a court house wedding,  in Dougle county.  It was way more than expected.  Judge Darall married us.  Highly recommend.
    Posted by royzwedding[/QUOTE]

What do you mean "way more than expected"?  Costs?  Involvement?  We too are thinking of going this route, but every wedding I have ever attended has been a church ceremony.  I have no idea what to expect.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards