Illinois-Chicago

color of Flowers for bridesmaids

My bridesmaids dress are eggplant and I was thinking of having the girls carrying White roses with purple ribbon.

Any Ideas??

Re: color of Flowers for bridesmaids

• edited December 2011

I think white flowers would be really lovely with eggplant dresses.

In fact, that's I exactly what I am hoping to do for my wedding (still almost a year away).  Did you have trouble finding eggplant dresses?  I've been casually looking at bridesmaids dresses and haven't been seeing much of the really dark purple that I have in mind. 

• edited December 2011
    Sarah, try DB lapis.  I had the same problem, but I really like the shade of purple that they are. 

As for the flowers, I think that would be really pretty.  We were going to do white roses with purple ribbon, but apparently my dad has taken a recent interest in the bridesmaid bouquets, so we're doing (on his request) a mix of purple and white flowers.
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • edited December 2011
    I think that sounds very classy, although I am partial to white roses for weddings.
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Sand322Sand322 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

great idea! I love white roses..they are timeless and always look elegant.

• edited December 2011
    That sounds lovely.  I am a big fan of keeping it simple and elegant! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 260 Invited image
    167 Thrilled to Attend image
    71 Devastated they can't make it image
    22 making us sweat it out image
    RSVP Date- June 30
  • MsBunny312MsBunny312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The white will pop against the eggplant really nicely.

Is it just me or are the colors purple, white, and black super popular right now?
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I agree, they totally are popular.  I went with purple because it's been my favorite color since I can remember (one of my childhood friends has a very embarassing video of me proclaiming my love of my purple popcicle atop her jungle gym...I hope it doesn't surface if I ever try to run for office).  I guess I just lucked out this year being trendy and all...
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • jen90210jen90210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having eggplant dresses also.  My bridesmaids are going to have pink, ivory, and a light purple.  I wanted them to pop!
  • jlkluskenjlklusken member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did eggplant dresses, (if you're looking for a dark purple, I was very happy with the one from belsoie, part of jasmine and b2), and ended up going with green, light purple and white for the bridesmaids.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards