Florida-North Florida

Thomas Center in Gainesville

Hello ladies! So, my FI and I had to push our wedding back due to financial reasons and we're looking for a place that will be budget friendly. Well, after some research we came across the Thomas Center in Gainesville. I was wondering if anyone has had or knows anyone who has had experience with this venue. It seems like a beautiful place and like it would be a pretty good fit with us, but we would like to have more personal stories and opinions about it, if at all possible.

TIA! C:
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thomas Center in Gainesville

• It looks beautiful!

Anniversary
  • It's gorgeous and a great place for a wedding since you can have both the ceremony and reception right there. If you live close by, you should definitely go and take a walk around the grounds. Look up pictures of weddings at the Thomas Center online and you will come up with all sorts of stuff since so many photographers have done weddings there. One thing, though, it is a popular wedding venue in the area, so if you are interested you need to go ahead and check it out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_thomas-center-in-gainesville?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:8929750b-4a6f-494a-9b13-5e348d91c86cPost:80dc08b5-1c65-41c3-b0f7-061b5cdc3b9d">Re: Thomas Center in Gainesville</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's gorgeous and a great place for a wedding since you can have both the ceremony and reception right there. If you live close by, you should definitely go and take a walk around the grounds. Look up pictures of weddings at the Thomas Center online and you will come up with all sorts of stuff since so many photographers have done weddings there. One thing, though, it is a popular wedding venue in the area, so if you are interested you need to go ahead and check it out.
    Posted by GabbyGirl01[/QUOTE]

Oh, wow. I didn't realize it was that popular down here. We will definitely have to get on it. Thank you! And it kind of seems like we might be wedding date twins! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_thomas-center-in-gainesville?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:8929750b-4a6f-494a-9b13-5e348d91c86cPost:2bffefda-6936-4b4f-9185-837a206ff156">Re: Thomas Center in Gainesville</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas Center in Gainesville : Oh, wow. I didn't realize it was that popular down here. We will definitely have to get on it. Thank you! And it kind of seems like we might be wedding date twins! :)
    Posted by beccas90[/QUOTE]

:)  Yeah, looks like we are twins. The contact info for the events coordinator is on the Thomas Center webpage at the bottom.
    <a href="http://www.gvlculturalaffairs.org/website/facilities/thomas_center.html" rel="nofollow"><u><font color="#800080">http://www.gvlculturalaffairs.org/website/facilities/thomas_center.html</font></u></a>

But, like I said it's worth going in in person. It's open to the public. Good luck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had my wedding at Sweetwater Inn.  It's very affordable (especially since you can bring in your own alcohol and return any unopened bottles and cases) and the staff was amazing.  If the Thomas Center is not available on your new date, check out Sweetwater Inn.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I thought about using Thomas center for my wedding, but I didn't like how some of the areas I really wanted to have the ceremony didn't fit enough people... even the area inside for the reception didn't fit the amount of people i needed.. so i would make sure it fits that for you. its a gorgeous place. I am getting married in Newberry, FL (12 miles outside of gainesville) at a place called the heritage. Very budget friendly!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_thomas-center-in-gainesville?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:8929750b-4a6f-494a-9b13-5e348d91c86cPost:58db3e10-f4b6-46f2-af58-d24668103c6c">Re: Thomas Center in Gainesville</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought about using Thomas center for my wedding, but I didn't like how some of the areas I really wanted to have the ceremony didn't fit enough people... even the area inside for the reception didn't fit the amount of people i needed.. so i would make sure it fits that for you. its a gorgeous place. I am getting married in Newberry, FL (12 miles outside of gainesville) at a place called the heritage. Very budget friendly!
    Posted by tszostek[/QUOTE]

Our wedding is going to be relatively small, so space wasn't as much of an issue here. I agree that it's a gorgeous place. We took a tour today and loved both the look of the center and its vibe. We also seemed to click with Erica, which was definitely a good thing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So, FI and I saw the Thomas Center today. It's a beautiful location and seems to have a lot of character, which we love. Things are looking good for it now, with the exception of one thing. They've already booked for our date of June 1st! :( But, they do have other June availability, so all is not lost yet!

Thank you ladies for all of your responses and suggestions! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_thomas-center-in-gainesville?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:8929750b-4a6f-494a-9b13-5e348d91c86cPost:58db3e10-f4b6-46f2-af58-d24668103c6c">Re: Thomas Center in Gainesville</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought about using Thomas center for my wedding, but I didn't like how some of the areas I really wanted to have the ceremony didn't fit enough people... even the area inside for the reception didn't fit the amount of people i needed.. so i would make sure it fits that for you. its a gorgeous place. I am getting married in Newberry, FL (12 miles outside of gainesville) at a place called the heritage. Very budget friendly!
    Posted by tszostek[/QUOTE]

<div>How budget friendly?. I have been looking at it just havent had time to get over there and take a look. I live in Chiefland so its not that far from me. If I can find someplace that I cant have both the ceremony and reception that isnt to expensive that would be great... </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards