New Hampshire

Rehearsal Dinner

SO we met with our minister last night.  I'm so excited for our ceremony, the way that we were able to put it together was really tailored to our liking.  
Originally we wanted the rehearsal on the Thursday before the wedding (wedding Sat night)  but the church has a conflict.  So we are moving the rehearsal to Wednesday night.  I really don't want the rehearsal the night before the wedding just because i want everyone to be fresh for Saturday.  
Is Wednesday night horrible?  
I guess it is what it is, i'm just looking for input.  

hope everyone has a great thursday

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It might be a problem if you have out of town bridal party members. I had mine the night before, at my house and everyone left by 9:30. I was able to get a good nights sleep so that I was fresh and relaxed the day of the wedding.
  • SoonToBeJRE11SoonToBeJRE11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ya, we have 2.  1 best man and 1 bridesmaid.  that was the only issue i saw with it.

• edited December 2011
    We are having ours the Thursday before for our Saturday morning wedding.  All of our GM are OOT and will be flying in late Wednesday night or early Thursday morning.  We got the choice of that or the Wednesday, but we didn't want our guys to have to take an extra day off of work and also pay an extra night of hotel. I guess it just depends on what the situation is for those that need to attend the rehearsal.
    Anniversary
  • kpkeaneykpkeaney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our rehersal is Thursday for a Sunday wedding. Luckily, we have no wedding party so we just have to get ourselves there.
    Anniversary Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We have people who will be flying in, so a night-before was best for us.  If that wasn't the case, it would be less important, though I'd check that people were ok with it being a 'work night'. 
    Anniversary
  • DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whether or not Wednesday will be a "horrible" choice will primarily be determined by the people who need to be there.  I don't think it's a bad decision, but if it will seriously inconvenience the people who need to be there, I'd move it to Friday.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • SoonToBeJRE11SoonToBeJRE11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone.  its one of those things that i just cant stress over.   ALL but 2 people are local, within 10 miles so i'm sure it will be fine.  it's these little things that come up that i just need to look past.  I don't want little stuff like this to stress me out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards