Getting in Shape

Questions :)

I'm bored and curious. It's a dangerous combination. :)

When did you start your weight loss journey?

How much weight did you lose in 2009?

What was your first goal and how long did it take to meet it?

What is the best piece of advice you received on your weight loss journey?

What's been your most consistent motivation to press on?

What's been your biggest milestone thus far?

What's your next milestone you're looking forward to the most?

What do you hope to achieve in 2010?

Re: Questions :)

• When did you start your weight loss journey? I officially joined WW on September 19, 2009.

How much weight did you lose in 2009? I lost exactly 20 lbs. :)

What was your first goal and how long did it take to meet it? My first goal was 5% of my weight. It took me a month to get there.

What is the best piece of advice you received on your weight loss journey? It's a lifestyle, not a temporary fix. It's something you've got to commit to live with for the rest of your life.

What's been your most consistent motivation to press on? My FI has been a great encouragement, but honestly, the upcoming honeymoon is what is constantly on my mind!

What's been your biggest milestone thus far? Reaching 20 lbs.

What's your next milestone you're looking forward to the most? Another 5 lbs and I'm at my 10%. Another 5 lbs after that, and my license will be truthful! Haha! I'll be the weight I was when I was 16 again!

What do you hope to achieve in 2010? I want to reach my goal weight. I only have 80 lbs left to go. I believe I can do it in the next year.
  • Haha, this is going to be depressing so I don't even know why I'm doing it, but you know...it's the last day of the year so it's good to catalog how I've done (i.e., failed) so I can start the new year afresh.

When did you start your weight loss journey? Officially, I started June 2009.

How much weight did you lose in 2009?  -9 pounds.  Which means I gained 9 pounds.  I started this strength training program in June that was supposed to be really great, but it totally screwed me.  I gained 3 pounds within the first week which I assumed was just muscle and water weight, but then my inches started increasing and increasing.  I stuck with it for 2 months (stupid) and then finally gave up after I'd gained 7 inches overall and 7 pounds.  And this was with counting calories, too.  And since then, I've been completely at a loss trying to figure out what to do and how to get myself back on track.  I've gained 2 more pounds, but thankfully lost those inches again.  So while I'm heavier, at least I'm smaller.

What was your first goal and how long did it take to meet it?  My first and only goal was to lose 25 pounds.  I never reached it, and now it's upped to 34 pounds.

What is the best piece of advice you received on your weight loss journey?  If you have serious doubts about what you're doing, don't do it.  If you've had success doing it one way, stick with that until it stops working.  Don't fix what isn't broken, basically.  I thought the new program would work better than what I'd always done with great success, and it completely screwed me.

What's been your most consistent motivation to press on?  Right now, the only thing that's motivating me to keep going is fitting into my dress.

What's been your biggest milestone thus far?  None.

What's your next milestone you're looking forward to the most?  Finally losing that first pound.  This is it.  It's happening, I'm back on track, I can feel it.

What do you hope to achieve in 2010?  I will lose 34 pounds this year, through a return to my usual routine and a healthy diet.  I would like to lose 3 inches off my hips, 2 off my waist, 2 off each arm, and 3 off each thigh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!
  • Lalanav, have you tried 30 Day Shred? It helped me tone up inches within a week. Keep pressing on. You can do it!
  • When did you start your weight loss journey? Shame... I started in fall of 2008 on WW, didn't lose much, quit going in February... gained 15 lbs by June : O... rejoined WW in July.

How much weight did you lose in 2009? Starting from my re-joining of WW in July, I lost 19.6 lbs

What was your first goal and how long did it take to meet it? My goal was 10%, and it took me until mid-December to reach it.

What is the best piece of advice you received on your weight loss journey? "You bite it, you write it" in relation to tracking. And to portion everything out into ziplocs once you bring it home so that you don't go crazy on an entire bag of chips, crackers, cereal, etc.

What's been your most consistent motivation to press on? I don't know... I guess you just feel like doing it or you don't. I've seen recent pics of myself, though, and I feel so awful about them that I think that helps.

What's been your biggest milestone thus far? 10% weight loss goal.

What's your next milestone you're looking forward to the most? I guess 25lbs (I'm at about 20 now)... although goal would be great (down 45ish I think)

What do you hope to achieve in 2010? Goal! And to not make myself crazy with everything going on in life...that might help, too : )
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • When did you start your weight loss journey? April 2009

How much weight did you lose in 2009? 30lbs and around 57", gone from not fitting into anything but 18's from plus size stores to comfortably fitting into 14's everywhere.

What was your first goal and how long did it take to meet it? I honestly cant remember

What is the best piece of advice you received on your weight loss journey? most of it is stuff i gleaned form the boards, not what I was given directly. I would say it was that you didnt gain the weight in a day so getting off track for a day wont gain it all back. Relax and realize its a long process.

What's been your most consistent motivation to press on? knowing I can do it, refusing to give up or accept less from myself, not wanting to FEEL the way I did when I was that weight ever again.

What's been your biggest milestone thus far? Hitting 30lbs I would say

What's your next milestone you're looking forward to the most? My main goal, another 27lbs to go!

What do you hope to achieve in 2010? I want to lose ATLEAST another 27lbs and hopefully fit into a size 10 by the time im done. Id like to be as close to that weight by my friends weddings in may/june so I will feel comfortable and confident.

• When did you start your weight loss journey?
    All my life! Hah. This time around, I started Weight Watchers Nov. 2008

I lost and found the same 6 pounds! I lost about 20 between Nov. '08 and Feb. '09, and have managed to keep it off.

First goal was -20.. It took from Nov to Feb.

"Don't trade what you want most for what you want right now."

"A journey of 1,000 miles starts with one step."

I've learned to focus on today. I can't do anything about yesterday, and I have no idea what will happen tomorrow. I try to live in this moment as much as I possibly can, and take it one day, one meal and one snack at a time.

I want to fit into my clothes! I want to feel GOOD about myself, and I don't want to get yelled at every time I go to the doctor ;)

I quit smoking almost two years ago (which allowed me to gain a lovely 40 pounds..), and i've lost and kept off 20 this year.

hitting the next weight bracket!! only like 8 more pounds to go! hah.

i hope to keep up with my weight loss, eat more mindfully and move more!
    Oct.01, 09
    14 lbs
    What was your first goal and how long did it take to meet it? 10 lbs  The day after Thanksgiving WooHoo!!

What is the best piece of advice you received on your weight loss journey? It's all about the portions! Not to beat myself up about small slips, just keep going. Allowing myself the occassional controlled planned scheduled treat. Although if I do good all week sometimes I don't want the treat when it comes time.

Feeling good, having more energy, and the 2 photos I keep with me. One of Anastacia looking all hot and ripped and beautiful with attitude, and one of me when I started this journey. When I consider cheating I look at both photos and that keeps me going.  When I hit 20 lbs lost I am going to take a third picture to show how far I have come.

What's been your biggest milestone thus far? Commiting to working out, something I have NEVER done before. I moved from Alaska to Florida. Before all of my exercise came from winter sports, dogsledding, snowshoeing, skiing, chopping wood, hauling water in the summer kayaking and hiking. When I moved to Florida the heat and humidity kept me inside and on the couch. So I have had to find new ways to keep in shape,

What's your next milestone you're looking forward to the most? Actually seeing a noticible change in my muscle tone, I am already a little thinner, but I want to hear the question.... Damn girl have you been working out? I want to see some toned lean muscles!! LOL

What do you hope to achieve in 2010? See answer to last question.   Maybe where a bikini???   heh heh

• When did you start your weight loss journey?  I started when I could not fit into my pants very well and I realized I needed to take control of my health.  (October 2008)

How much weight did you lose in 2009?  About 8 pounds

What was your first goal and how long did it take to meet it?  My goal was to get to 132.  At the beginning of the year I had lost about 4 pounds.  It took me until about August to lose the other 8 to get to my goal.

What is the best piece of advice you received on your weight loss journey?   It is better to use free weights than machines.  Also, somewhere along the way I was told about interval training.  That was pretty great advice too.

What's been your most consistent motivation to press on?  How my smaller clothes fit me.

What's been your biggest milestone thus far?  I'm pretty excited about the definition in my shoulders and arms.

What's your next milestone you're looking forward to the most?  Since the wedding I haven't been as faithful about working out so I want to get back to my normal workout routine.

I hope to remain healthy and strong.  I did 40 push-ups last night and nearly collapsed.  I used to be able to do 100 modified push-ups in one evening (as recently as September).  So that will be a goal for 2010 - to get back to 100, but to be able to do a good number of them as regular push-ups (not modified).
    Two years ago when I graduated college and started teaching students with sever disabilities.  Hard job, lost sight of myself.
    I don't weigh in.  My size is not in the overweight range, but I notice changes in my body. I was a dancer for most of my life, and was never skinny, but always very muscular and thin. Scales never made any since to me. I noticed that I look softer than in previous years, and want to cut the fat. 
    Goal is to make time to exercise and to care for myself enough to eat healthy food!
    None!  Absolutely none!  All of the people I am surrounded with are excuse makers!  My fiance is the only person around that thinks like me.  We have the just do it mentality.
    I'm getting married in Jamaica, and want to look beautiful,  not chubby!
    Making it through a very scary workout that I used to not be able to complete.
    itty bitty bikinis!  Making all of my friends jealous!

• When did you start your weight loss journey? August 2009

How much weight did you lose in 2009? 22ibs

What was your first goal and how long did it take to meet it? Hmm....for my "skinny" clothing to fit...I think around October

What is the best piece of advice you received on your weight loss journey? To look up everything & anything to check the calories/fat count -- something that seems good for you may not be.

What's been your most consistent motivation to press on? My FI...I want to keep him motivated & our wedding/honeymoon in August.

What's been your biggest milestone thus far? To fit into a size 4...the first time in like 5 years! 

What's your next milestone you're looking forward to the most? My goal weight -- 3ibs away!

Photobucket
  • When did you start your weight loss journey? July 6, 2009 I went to see a nutrtionist

How much weight did you lose in 2009? 81 pounds

What was your first goal and how long did it take to meet it? My first goal was to lose 20 pounds and to fit into a size 16.  I don't remember when I past that goal.  I think around September

What is the best piece of advice you received on your weight loss journey? Soda has no nutritional value at all.  I was a huge coca cola junkie.  Also not eating after 6 pm I bellieve has been a big factor in my success. 

What's been your most consistent motivation to press on? My last physical my blood work showed that I was on the verge of being diabetic and very close to being in kidney failure.  I don't want to die.

What's been your biggest milestone thus far? Being able to run 3 miles.  When I started running I could barely run for 30 seconds at a time.

What's your next milestone you're looking forward to the most? Maintance.  I would like lose 5-10 more pounds then maintain my weight.

What do you hope to achieve in 2010? My next goal is run 5 miles without walking at all.  The most I have ever run is 3 miles without walking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards