Moms and Maids

Bridal Shower Suggestions

Hi ladies.

I'm trying to find some unique bridal shower ideas for my friend's shower in Feb/March.
We are in MD, but I'm not looking region specific, although we will stay in MD - I will just search for the theme once the idea is presented - just ideas of types of showers to have - teaparty or other fun, unique ideas. 

Any ideas you can send my way would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Shower Suggestions

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridal-shower-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:8da9f7de-52a2-4c55-b8d8-33277f106b52Post:8859106a-702a-4e3e-a87b-694347f945bb">Re: Bridal Shower Suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Toss "unique."  Someone, somewhere, will have done it.  What you want is fun, and "memorable" for the bride. Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

You stated exactly what I was trying to say in the simpliest way.  Thank you for taking my words and making them SIMPLE!!! :-)

Thanks for your suggestions as well!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing mine in FMILs backyard and my sister is planning a "Little Italy" theme!
  • What "screams" your friend?  For my daughter's shower a few years back, it was all about the zebra stripe.  We used mostly colors and prints for the decor, favors, and treats.  We had a brunch menu, but tried to serve it in vessels in which we could incorporate either the colors of pink, black, and white, or zebra stripes.  Although unplanned, many guests wore either black and white outfits or zebra/animal print tops.  Many also wrapped their gifts in zebra print paper as opposed to wedding paper.

For my DIL's shower, it was all about shoes and chocolate..  She has had a love affair with shoes since toddlerhood, and can't get enough chocolate..  Her mom gave me pictures of her actually sleeping with pairs of new shoes.  We made prints and incorporated them into the decor.  I found a crafter on Etsy that could make dimensional shoes out of cardstock and filled them with potpourri.  The bakery drew shoe silhouettes on all the pastries.  My sister in law made chocolate shoes for favors and I was even able to have a life sized shoe made in chocolate.  We used chocolate granola in the yogurt parfaits, had chocolate fondue for the fruit trays, and chocolate cream cheese for the bagels.

Is there something that "defines" your friend?  Does she love a specific color, have a long standing hobby, or "live" for a particular food or flavor?  To me, the shower should, in part, be a reflection of the bride.
  • Why do I have the scene from Bridesmaids in my head, where it was "parisian" themed, and everyone got a poodle?

Sorry I can't be helpful, my brain broke remembering that :P.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• I am the MOH for my SIL's wedding in February 2014. We are doing a "something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue" theme. We are doing Tiffany blue as the color with some vintage touches (everyone gets a tup cup with a saucer that we have been collecting filled with candy and wrapped in netting.) SIL wedding is very formal and traditional so we wanted her shower to be formal as well. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards