Wedding Etiquette Forum

No evening thread yet??

Re: No evening thread yet??

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:c8cc8723-003e-4aea-a5c2-eef15e57e013">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]And also?  If a woman's place is in the home, why the eff was SHE working? 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    That's the irony of it.  I really wanted to say something extremely snotty about how her mom must have done a fantastic job parenting because she turned out so AMAZINGLY well but I kept my mouth shut. 

My other option was tell her to go F herself but I don't think that would have helped my stance on being a good parent.  So instead I tattled on her through a semi-anonymous survey.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I've never been to Mexico either.  Traveling fail.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • J - you could be right. I don't know, I remember my parents discussing if we should go to the boarder and try to get through. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:ed4f9c9a-bfda-4253-b1b9-7aec29ad838a">Re:No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:No evening thread yet??: Okay I knew you were getting married in alexandria bay, I just forgot that. I'm jealous, I've always wanted to go up there!
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

No need to be jealous, come on up to A-Bay.  We are there most weekends, when FI isn't working.  Headed up in two weekends to finish opening up FI's dad's cottage.  My golden loves to be at the river.

J&K, I believe it was just a few years ago that the passport became necessary.  When in A-Bay we are 5 minutes from Canada, so they are a necessary evil if you want to go to dinner across the river.  They have some cool pubs in Kingston and Brockville.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:91b7ea67-cafc-43c1-b9f0-e9b2bdfafb2c">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No evening thread yet?? : They only started requiring passports to go into Canada a few years ago, I thought.
    This is true.  At least for land travel you just needed a birth certificate up until three years ago (I think?) which is why DH's mom never let him have his birth certificate in college because she didn't want him getting drunk in Windsor.

Then again, she was extremely reluctant to give it to him so that we could get our marriage license...
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Hi ladies, I'm kind of here. FI is going to start studying in a bit. As of 2007, you could get into Canada with just a birth certificate, because I did.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mexico is nice.  I love my hair in Cabo.  The desert does fantastic things for me :)  Beach, margs, sunshine, good restaurants.  I recommend it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:91b7ea67-cafc-43c1-b9f0-e9b2bdfafb2c">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No evening thread yet?? : They only started requiring passports to go into Canada a few years ago, I thought.

<div>June of 2009. I remember pretty clearly =)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:5dcfcec6-1d6c-41b0-b788-9ebef8ef94c0">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No evening thread yet?? : This is true.  At least for land travel you just needed a birth certificate up until three years ago (I think?) which is why DH's mom never let him have his birth certificate in college because she didn't want him getting drunk in Windsor. Then again, she was extremely reluctant to give it to him so that we could get our marriage license...
    Posted by LaBellaVita23[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't think we had birth certificates either. Maybe that was the problem, not passports. It was so long ago, I barely remember. </div>
  • I have never been to Mexico either,  Loopy, everytime you speak of it I want to go. 

• I'd loooove to go to Mexico. Maybe for the honeymoon. I can't wait til we can book that, FI needs to get a job.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:a9f981aa-788e-426b-9b55-9c738ee5dd6a">Re:No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd loooove to go to Mexico. Maybe for the honeymoon. I can't wait til we can book that, FI needs to get a job.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]
    What's he studying?
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • I keep thinking that i'd like to go to Mexico or something, but right now I think I'd rather go somewhere not as exciting - if that makes any sense. I'd rather go to FL and relax on the beach every day then go somewhere like Mexico where I'm going to want to go sight seeing. 
  • I gave up for the night. My brain is fried. I'm at my actual house for the weekend (since I had to pick up Tory and our house is between ILs and my parents). I am loving my bed right now. And I have 2 weeks of DVRed TV to enjoy. :) 
  • Hello Angel! It sounds like you and FI got to spend some quality time together - good : )

• In Response to Re:No evening thread yet??:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:No evening thread yet??:I'd loooove to go to Mexico. Maybe for the honeymoon. I can't wait til we can book that, FI needs to get a job.Posted by angelstar975What's he studying? Posted by LaBellaVita23[/QUOTE]

He's a law student, finishing up his last year. I think his final tomorrow is in his Decedants, Estates and Trusts class.
  • raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Ugh so my computer just went spazzy on me. I really hope it doesn't kick the bucket, a new one really isn't in the budget right now.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Poke Yeah, we got a good hour or so in, which was nice. I missed him. Musu Glad you got to pick up Tori! How did your final go this morning?
  • Poke - I have been to Mexico 3 timesfor a week each .  I went on a zip line tour one time.  That's the only time I've ever done anything besides sit at the pool/beach all day and then change and go out to dinner.  There's not really much sight seeing to do in Mexico, I don't think.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:81104a19-20ce-472d-83c9-99b0dc0fd088">Re:No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:No evening thread yet??: He's a law student, finishing up his last year. I think his final tomorrow is in his Decedants, Estates and Trusts class.
    Congrats to him for finishing and good luck on the bar!
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • haha yeah we can't use LBV as a nickname. Waaay too confusing. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:c830ab62-fa5c-449d-b687-089c23b61067">Re:No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poke Yeah, we got a good hour or so in, which was nice. I missed him. Musu Glad you got to pick up Tori! How did your final go this morning?

<div>
    </div><div>I was sooo happy to see her. :) She freeeeeaked out when I got there and I actually teared up, I was so excited to see her. haha. My final went ok, I think. Not great, but not terrible either. I was kind of thrown off because he had 4 or 5 short answer questions that he suggested 15-20 min each and only 5-10 sentences each. Um yeah I spent like a half hour each and two long paragraphs per answer. But I figure more is better than less. I don't know how he expected us to condense it all. </div>
  • LaBellaVita23LaBellaVita23 member
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:173e4bc2-3824-4078-9fab-f4b64bc0dbcf">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No evening thread yet?? : She sounds amazing.* *this sarcastic statement is based on the bolded alone, no other information LBV (woah, can't do that), I mean Vita has given.
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]
    Actually I really love my MIL but she's a little kooky.  She had some issues with her baby getting married (as most parents do).  But then BIL and SIL popped out a kid during our engagement and she had other things to obsess about.

ETA:  kooky not cooky.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • Oh okay. My mom went to Hawaii for my cousins wedding (Aunt paid for travel expenses/condo stay which was sooo cool) and they had a different activity planned for every single day. She couldn't afford to do every single one, and said she didn't want to anyways because she wanted to relax. My other Aunt did every activity and was exhausted by the end of the week lol.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:61cf540d-a5bb-47ac-906e-7fe9d5647262">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tory loves MuSu!
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>And Musu loves Tory. ;) She's cuddled up next to me on the bed, trying to nudge her nose onto the keyboard. She's been super clingy all evening, which I don't mind at all. :P</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:f5bdb69c-3eb5-40d1-b492-9ac35f69e01f">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No evening thread yet?? : And Musu loves Tory. ;) She's cuddled up next to me on the bed, trying to nudge her nose onto the keyboard. She's been super clingy all evening, which I don't mind at all. :P
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]
    Awwww
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • That's so sweet Musu! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:11807a77-a4c9-428e-a76d-34eb0bf80a1a">Re:No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:No evening thread yet?? : I was sooo happy to see her. :) She freeeeeaked out when I got there and I actually teared up, I was so excited to see her. haha. My final went ok, I think. Not great, but not terrible either. I was kind of thrown off because he had 4 or 5 short answer questions that he suggested 15-20 min each and only 5-10 sentences each. Um yeah I spent like a half hour each and two long paragraphs per answer. But I figure more is better than less. I don't know how he expected us to condense it all. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

That's FI's complaint about every one of his finals. He always has way more to say than he has time to say it. He's really had to learn to be more concise and not put every little piece of knowledge he knows about the subject into his answer.
  • raes19raes19 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:4f20bf40-a0dd-4753-9889-560c63056e96">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh okay. My mom went to Hawaii for my cousins wedding (Aunt paid for travel expenses/condo stay which was sooo cool) and they had a different activity planned for every single day. She couldn't afford to do every single one, and said she didn't want to anyways because she wanted to relax. My other Aunt did every activity and was exhausted by the end of the week lol.
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

This is exactly why we didn't plan any activities in advance for our honeymoon. There was no way we could predict how tired we would be after some activities, so I'm glad we didn't have a schedule to follow.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Enjoy your Tory, Musu, that is the best!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards