June 2012 Weddings

Filenes's Basement

I am considering going to Filiene's Basement running of the brides. My FI sister lives in Columbus and they are having it there on May 30. My FI sister has said she would go with me and anyone I bring can stay at her house with me. So basically it would cost me nothing but gas to get down there and if I find a dress I could save a lot of money. However, if I don't find address I really haven't lost much. I also will get quality time with my FSIL, niece, and nephew.

So I am wondering if anyone has ever gone to one of these and what are your thoughts or advice?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Filenes's Basement

• This event is so much fun. I actually participated in this event with my sister last year. I will say it helps to have a large group with you and be prepared to camp. I would get in line about 10:00 pm the night before if you want to be one of the first in. Be sure to wear sneakers, leggings, halter top or sports bra
  • I think this would be totally fun but also totally nuts.  I had an experience similar but will probably pale in comparison.  I went to the Seattle Wedding Show (one of the biggest on the West coast) with my step-mom and FI.  Since we're getting married in Massachusetts, we were just going to get ideas.  The first thing you see to your right when you enter are the boutiques/stores that have brought sample gowns to sell.  Now, we hadn't even been engaged for a month and I had only seen gowns in 2 magz (although I was a huge Say Yes to the Dress Junkie), but my step-mom thought we should look at gowns first before the day got too crowded (it already was!).  I thought I'd just look, but soon enough, I was trying gowns on while my FI sat out in the waiting area with his MP3 player.  The dressing rooms were heavy curtains hung from pvc pipe and it was one big (i use that term loosely) room.  Girls and gowns were everywhere and everyone is just stripping down, putting on gowns, and waiting for their chance to look in the mirror.  Girls were waiting to try on your dress when you took it off and it was definitely crazy.  But my dress was the 3rd one I tried on and because they were last year's samples, every dress was $500!  Totally worth it!  And a story I will always remember- even though I wanted my own Say Yes experience, I wouldn't change the way it happened for anything.  Also, my mom was able to pull a pic of the gown up on their website so I got to talk to her before I bought it-which was really important to me because I really wanted her to be there. You should definitely go!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic "June 2012" November Siggy: cake inspiration Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards