California-San Diego

Cake ideas?

Anyone have experience with Wedding Cake places? I am looking central San Diego city.

We are looking at most likely 75 people. 100 max.

I was looking for something fun to do with FI when we are in town looking at sites and cake is always fun, right?

Re: Cake ideas?

• edited December 2011
    Shirley Resnick the Cake Lady!! Her cakes taste AMAZING! She is pretty simple with the designs because she doesn't use fondant, but it is so worth having a simple cake! I switched from cupcakes to cake after my tasting with her! She is such a sweet woman, you have the tasting at her house, sometimes with another couple. Definitely recommend her!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also in the search for a wedding cake. I'm looking for a unique 3D cake. Can you reccommend someone local?
  • edited December 2011
    I  do like simple cakes... thanks. My sister used the European Cake Gallery (about 10 years ago) and I loved it but I thought I'd look around a little too :-)

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_cake-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:64Discussion:0549ddea-f9da-4e07-b5f8-20f68992e382Post:c839d9cb-5a9a-4d95-a376-01dd1e3dcbef">Re: Cake ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm also in the search for a wedding cake. I'm looking for a unique 3D cake. Can you reccommend someone local?
    Posted by kristimorgirl[/QUOTE]

<div>I actually didn't look at cakes until I went to shirleys and she sold me. I was going to do cupcakes before so I don't have too much more cake info beyond shirley, but good luck!</div>
  • wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sweet Cheeks Bakery

• Cbarajas08Cbarajas08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Flour Power
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    We used Twiggs Bakery:

We actually did red velvet cupcakes, with a small 6 inch layer on top to cut, and almost two years later people are still talking about how yummy the cupcakes were.
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Edelweiss is great, they were wonderful with the tasting and they called to remind us about bringing in ribbon for it. They're pretty reasonably priced too, we're getting a three tiered cake for 100 people for $300 (including delivery)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_cake-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:64Discussion:0549ddea-f9da-4e07-b5f8-20f68992e382Post:cf781d13-8d84-43d4-94c2-7d3333523cf1">Re: Cake ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sweet Cheeks Bakery
    Posted by wendysandiego[/QUOTE]

DITTO! This is who I hired, they were one of the vendors with our reception location but they are wonderful ladies. They are very sweet and they have wonderful design ideas. I already knew what I wanted but they helped to create an idea for the surprise groom's cake I will be doing. I highly recommend them and their cakes are DELICIOUS!
    Anniversary
  • LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also vote for Sweet Cheeks. I've had their cake many times and it's awesome. They are super creative. They also just won Cupcake Wars on Food Network recently! And yes, the cake tasting with them was fun! :) Make sure to schedule an appointment, though. They're pretty busy.
  • melindasr5melindasr5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Azucar Bakery in the neighborhood of Ocean Beach. Our guests all thought the cake was adorable (we went with a beach theme) and it actually tasted great. The staff was easy to work with and the prices were reasonable. We had buttercream icing, white cake, and strawberry passionfruit cream filling. The cake was decorated with starfish made of chocolate, sand dollars made of fondant, and sand made of brown sugar.

http://www.iloveazucar.com/
  • edited December 2011
    FLOUR POWER!! the best bakery in San Diego
  • vinscenavinscena member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Azucar Bakery
    "Stay classy San Diego" - Ron Burgundy
  • edited December 2011
    Don't use Flour Power, they delivered the wrong cake to my reception, it was ugly and very disappointing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards