Not Engaged Yet
Options

Horizontal Oval Engagement Ring Settings

Hey everybody!
So, my boyfriend and I are planning on going engagement ring shopping in the near future, so that I can see what type of ring I like. I've seen oval engagement rings that are horizontally set and I LOVE them in the pictures on google. But, I really would like to try one on before I tell my boyfriend that that's what I want. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find actual jewelry stores that have them, only online stores. Does anyone know of where I could try one on? Any advice would be absolutely wonderful!
Thanks,
Tabitha

Re: Horizontal Oval Engagement Ring Settings

• Options
    I wasn't able to find any oval diamond engagement rings in a regular vertical setting to try on in the store (that's the shape of my diamond).  We went to a diamond setting event at Zales where they did have loose diamonds, but that obviously was not the same thing.  For me, though, that was fine.  I had never seen an oval diamond in person and I just wanted to see one before I committed to it.

I have no advice on how to find a store that has them other than to contact local jewelers to see if they have any in stock.  
  • Options
    Where in VA are you? Have you tried Jewelry by Design in Woodbridge?
    www.jbd4u.com/
    What about Dominion Jewelers? They do custom work and might have something.
    www.dominionjewelers.com
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    Thank you SO much! I'm in Fredericksburg, so that wouldn't be a bad trip at all! I really appreciate it!
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_horizontal-oval-engagement-ring-settings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d52d84cf-f060-4180-b45b-b584e8682b86Post:71420126-dd5e-42ba-8110-165b2d2f1937">Re: Horizontal Oval Engagement Ring Settings</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where in VA are you? Have you tried Jewelry by Design in Woodbridge? <a href="http://www.jbd4u.com/" rel="nofollow">www.jbd4u.com/</a> What about Dominion Jewelers? They do custom work and might have something. www. dominionjewelers .com
    Posted by beanbot2002[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Dominion Jewelers is in Falls Church, so a bit more of a drive, but I hear that they do nice work.
    Also, if you're going to be in the Woodbridge area, I would try Quinn's Goldsmith. There are two in the area, one in the Potomac Town Center/Stonebridge Shopping Center and one in Historic Occoquan.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    Great idea! Thank you :) And I love your picture! It's beautiful!
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_horizontal-oval-engagement-ring-settings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d52d84cf-f060-4180-b45b-b584e8682b86Post:9100be43-b773-4c22-ba9e-904d4b508cfb">Re:Horizontal Oval Engagement Ring Settings</a>:
    [QUOTE]I doubt you'll find one set like that in a store, but any jeweler that has a loose oval diamond should be able to show you what it looks like in a stone holder on your finger. I think that's about as close as you'll come, but it should give you an idea if you like that orientation on your finger.
    Posted by buggle2[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I was going to suggest Dominion Jewlers as well. Another place to contact is Charleston Alexander. My fiance bought his ex wife's ring there and they do great work at a good cost. If I didnt have  a love for the jewler I loved and sapphires he would have gone back to Charleston Alexander. They also have a lifetime upgrade policy. I also second placement of a loose stone on your hand.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    My ex-FI bought my ring at Dominion.  It was well done, and they have a pretty nice selection in store as well.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards