Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Real or Fake?

Should I get real petals to line the aisle or just get fake ones?? 

Also for the runner, where can I get a cheap runner? Should I just get any old runner, like from Walmart or something?

Re: Real or Fake?

• Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We used organza/silk rose petals.  IMO, they're cleaner.

Also, we did not use an aisle runner, but they do sell them at Michael's.  IMO, they're not really necessary unless you're having an outdoor wedding and you don't want to get your dress dirty.
  • edited December 2011
    You should get the fake boobs... jk.  Where is your ceremony?  Some places have restrictions on real petals on the floor because they can stain if they get squished by footsteps.
  • edited December 2011
    Nevermind... I checked your bio.  :)  Ask if they have restrictions.  I don't think there's anything wrong with fake petals.  You can get aisle runners at Michaels and JoAnns.
  • edited December 2011
    Yea ok, but how big should I go? :P

I think fake is better too, I don't want to spend a lot of petals! I seen some nice custom runners on ETSY but then what would I do with it after!  I guess I could just get a runner and try to do it myself to save money.

I like the look of a runner. Looks like it completes the aisle :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_real-fake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:46f0bdc1-e40e-4fe7-8a4d-f5225cf8d286Post:3daa3893-2cb8-4435-a21a-747be7f14d73">Re: Real or Fake?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I like the look of a runner. Looks like it completes the aisle :)
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

I agree. I was looking at pictures from a wedding that was in my church last weekend and it just don't look right.
  • edited December 2011
    I would be afraid to trip on the runner though... hence why I didn't get it. Hopefully you're a lot more graceful on your feet than me! :)
    ~* Diana *~ ~* October 9, 2010 *~

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Anniversary

• Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got real petals but I don't think you can tell the difference. Also, I'm selling my runner if you were interested. Talk to me on gchat
  • edited December 2011
    Why don't you look into freezedried rose petals. They are super cheap online and you can order them in bulk. You soften them right before you use them and they look a lot nicer than fake ones.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_real-fake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:46f0bdc1-e40e-4fe7-8a4d-f5225cf8d286Post:4f15d3fc-2659-4554-81b9-c5c6f38d5d8d">Re: Real or Fake?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why don't you look into freezedried rose petals. They are super cheap online and you can order them in bulk. You soften them right before you use them and they look a lot nicer than fake ones.
    Posted by samanthas8882[/QUOTE]

I was actually thinking of this last night! I guess you just soak them in water?
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As for the runner, I'm glad our church doesn't allow it.  Yes, it looks nice before the ceremony but at one of the weddings I went to over the summer, I noticed that by the time the BP was done going down the aisle, there were already holes in it from the girl's heels. 

Point is, I'd get one that is better quality so this doesn't happen to you too.

Sorry, I'm sick and kinda cranky...I will be posting from the negative side today ;)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    haha stacy it ok.  Northstar said she has a nice one she will sell me, she said she will look at it to make sure it is not damaged or dirty before she sells it to me. thanks though :)  The one she has is nice muslin fabric, and it is long and wide!
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good stuff.  I just remember during the ceremony I was distracted and started counting holes lol.  I don't want that to happen to your guests!  I think I'm gonna take a nap and check in to see what ya'll are up to later.  Maybe I'll be in a better mood
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I already got my fake ones from Michael's. they are aqua and aubergine. they match out colors perfectly....now i gots ta make me a aisle runner. :)
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards