Vermont

Vermont Wedding Magazines

My finance and I are looking for more information Vermont Wedding options - primarily for wedding ceremony and reception locations. We both live in Florida but want a winter destination wedding in the mountains of Vermont. To get ideas we like to look through the wedding magazines, but we are running into a pickle because we can't find any vermont-specific wedding magazines to get ideas from. We've done the basic google-searches, but I like the idea of spending a little money to get local magazines to see what other vendors and locations are out there that may not be prominent online. Anyone have any suggestions? Does The Knot have a Vermont-speicifc magazine like they do for some other states??

Re: Vermont Wedding Magazines

• edited December 2011
    There is a magazine called Vermont Bride (http://www.vermontbridemagazine.com/). It has a lot of ads for local vendors and I believe you can request issues online. The Vermont Bride website also has pages listing local vendors. Hope this helps!

Happy Planning! 
  • subdolasubdola member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is also a magazine called "Vermont Vows" Here's the website, I don't know how often the actual magazine comes out, but I'm sure that info is on the site somewhere:  http://www.vtvows.com/
    We're currently on a 15 month trip around the world!
    **Check out our travel blog**
    Planning Bio Married Bio
  • edited December 2011
    You may also want to contact specific mountains and ask what they offer for wedding receptions. 

www.skivermont.com    may be a good place to start.

Good luck!

Jenn
  • KatMoonKatMoon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vermont Bride Magazine is a good start but note that they only feature "real weddings" that took place at one of their advertiser's sites. There are so many beautiful venues that are not featured in there.
    Sleepy Hollow Inn is fantastic, so is the Webster Barn, Boyden Farm, Pigeon Hill Farm, the Wildflower Inn in Lyndonville. Are you looking for more of a rustic country feel or are you leaning more towards the resorts for your wedding?
  • debann02debann02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is also a publication called "Vermont Vows" - not sure what they have in there but might be worth exploring.

I grew up in Vermont but now live in Boston. We're getting married in April at the Mountain Top Inn, Chittenden, VT - (close to Killington.) They do weddings year round and have gorgeous views. You might want to check them out. Killington Grand Resort also does weddings but I have not visited there.

If you google Vermont Weddings or Weddings in Vermont you should also find some VT wedding focused resources. The Stowe and Waitsfield area are also spots for winter weddings near mountains and skiing. You might be interested in that depending upon your winter interests.
  • edited December 2011
    If you are looking for a winter wedding venue ECHO Lake aquarium and science center is great. It is nice and warm inside but you can still look out over the lake and its within walking distance to some of the best hotels in burlington. Plus their prices are really good comparatively here is their site...
    http://www.echovermont.org/visitors/facilityrental.html
  • edited December 2011
    check out the Middlebury Inn, located in Middlebury Vermont. Our reception was held there & many of us spent the night, after a great s VERY late night out on the town after our guests had left! i'd be happy to help you, if you're interested, I am a local and could help you with any info you need....email me at: nccc@madiver.com
  • Hi my name is Jessica and I was also told to look into Middlebury Inn. Do you mind if I ask how much a wedding would cost there?

I'd really appreciate it

Jessica
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards