Snarky Brides

Miami Zombie only had weed in his system...

uhhhh - definite break from SCOTUS... has anyone seen this??

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/27/rudy-eugene-face-marijuana-medical-examiner-results_n_1632253.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

the Miami zombie had no bath salts in his system....

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my book shelf:
Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

Re: Miami Zombie only had weed in his system...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_miami-zombie-only-had-weed-in-his-system?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7cda958c-89aa-4bce-bf73-e6b64a563cdbPost:652c4583-d6b5-4765-b41a-3226ad52a013">Re: Miami Zombie only had weed in his system...</a>:
    [QUOTE]On a slightly related note, until yesterday, I didn't know what bath salts were as far as an illegal drug.  I just thought people had figured out a way to get high off of actual bath salts. Not so bright, I know.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

I was right there with you! AATB had to explain that one to me.
    imageVacation
  • oh i totally thought that when the story first broke. guess i don't do enough street drugs :-P

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • I think the guy must have had a serious psychotic break or something.  Weed gives you the munchies, but more for like Cheetos and quesadillas.  Not faces.
    panther
  • OH and I will point out that just because the guy wasn't on bath salts at the time of this incident it doesn't mean his brain wasn't totally fried from doing bath salts.  Bath salts fcuk you up for life and make you do completely nutso things even after your high has gone away.  Baaaad news bears.
    panther
  • I wonder if they metabolize so fast that they wouldn't show up in his system? 

The doggie Bath Salt sig cracks me up every time. 
  • My cousin argued with her mom for a good 10 minutes about how "bath salts" were really people snorting actual bath salts, "like epson salts". Oh cousin...
  • well would it be entirely unreasonable to expect a drug to be called something so you know its a drug and not a friendly skin softener you use in the bath?

Like SCARY DRUG or something.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited June 2012
    Holly maybe they were the SuperMunchies.  Uncontrollable urge to eat anything you can get your hands on, be it Cheeto, face, or whathaveyou.

In that case, I will not have what he was smoking.
    panther
  • Yeah Holly - the last time my mom smoked pot, she says she was high for two days.  And last I heard no one is high on weed for two days unless they toke continuously, lol.  She thinks it was laced with something.  That was easily 30 plus years ago though
    panther
  • Can I ask a serious question even though is sounds like I'm mocking the issue? I've really been wondering.  Why does everyone think zombies are going to take over?  I mean, I watched Zombieland but I didn't think it would actually happen.   Where did this obsession with Zombies come from?   And why do we assume people attacking people in a bizarre way (eating faces) is zombie-related rather than psychosis-related?  Is there any validity to the zombie concern AT ALL?   **Paging Nebb for an explanation**

Honestly, the only people in my 'real life' that talk about this are stoners and conspiracy theorists.  So I just don't get it.
  • Holly, I read this morning that they ruled out PCP and other commonly used ingredients to make drugs. It seems like right now they are either thinking it is some other type of drug that they have no idea what to look for or just that the guy was effing insane. The part that scares me is wasn't he shot like 4 times before he went down? WTF. This guy really was a zombie.
  • I don't think Zombies in the sense that we see in movies can happen, like brain eating dead humans, but perhaps something like rabies can happen, where there is some sort of disease that makes people paranoid and ragey and kill each other.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_miami-zombie-only-had-weed-in-his-system?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7cda958c-89aa-4bce-bf73-e6b64a563cdbPost:de6e0e3a-0b62-4998-bd87-c048ef90581e">Re: Miami Zombie only had weed in his system...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah Holly - the last time my mom smoked pot, she says she was high for two days.  And last I heard no one is high on weed for two days unless they toke continuously, lol.  She thinks it was laced with something.  That was easily 30 plus years ago though
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of that stuff can stay in your system, even if you don't feel the effects. I heard somewhere that if you do acid, it's possible to get high again even years later if you get adjusted by a chiropractor. Something about the chemicals staying in your body and getting re-released when your spine is adjusted.

I was also warned not to drink too much the day before a massage because you can get drunk again, but with a short time frame like 24 hours, that actually makes sense.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh yeah annie.  Depending on your body mass, weed can stay in your system for a month or so.  And I think it stays in your hair til you cut it off.

I did not know that about acid.  That is... holy wow.

Sometimes I really hate being drunk.  I mean, I always enjoy getting drunk, and being mildly drunk.  But when you're drunk to the point where ugh... time to lay down, don't feel good etc.  I wish you could just turn that off, lol.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_miami-zombie-only-had-weed-in-his-system?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7cda958c-89aa-4bce-bf73-e6b64a563cdbPost:d50e924d-fe38-4260-850a-5fbe68d1e21d">Re: Miami Zombie only had weed in his system...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami Zombie only had weed in his system... : I think a lot of that stuff can stay in your system, even if you don't feel the effects.<strong> I heard somewhere that if you do acid, it's possible to get high again even years later if you get adjusted by a chiropractor. Something about the chemicals staying in your body and getting re-released when your spine is adjusted.</strong> I was also warned not to drink too much the day before a massage because you can get drunk again, but with a short time frame like 24 hours, that actually makes sense.
    Posted by annie912[/QUOTE]

Not true.  It can cause neurological damage, but it doesn't stay in your spine.  That's just an urban myth.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_miami-zombie-only-had-weed-in-his-system?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7cda958c-89aa-4bce-bf73-e6b64a563cdbPost:ecea9b71-8916-494e-a263-cb22552028f9">Re: Miami Zombie only had weed in his system...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>AATB, it makes me wonder if the weed wasn't laced with some other, heavier narcotic.</strong>  I've had laced weed (although I have no idea what it was laced with), and it definitely caused me to have a different reaction than normal weed.  I still did not have the desire to eat someone's face.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

I think they ruled that out by testing for the other types of narcotics (If I read that article correctly).
    imageVacation
  • I don't know of any drugs that will stay in your system for 2 days, but who knows what kind of ish people come up with back in the day that could have prolonged it.

As far as the acid thing about the spine...it isn't true. There were some old school urban legends that acid would cause your brain to bleed down your spine and that it would be stored there forever. It's not true, for the most part it's out of your system within a couple of days. It should be completely metabolized within 2-3 weeks. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_miami-zombie-only-had-weed-in-his-system?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7cda958c-89aa-4bce-bf73-e6b64a563cdbPost:4c08abcf-ebcf-4840-b41c-f0b1263687b4">Re: Miami Zombie only had weed in his system...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami Zombie only had weed in his system... : Not true.  It can cause neurological damage, but it doesn't stay in your spine.  That's just an urban myth.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Oh.  well damn lol
    panther
  • Sorry to disappoint, AATB :)

• Lol adamar.  I mean not that I have ever even done acid, that shiiit scares me, but it kinda made me interested in imagining people going on these random trips once in a while.  I was wondering why I hadn't heard more about that.
    panther
  • According to my internet research, the flashbacks or later trips are due to the neurological damage.  People just assumed that it was because the acid was in your spine.

• I had thought about looking on Snopes, but figured someone here would tell me soon enough if I was wrong on the acid thing. I heard it back in college and never actually tested the theory (or acid at all), so my bad. Just doing my part to keep urban myths alive....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_miami-zombie-only-had-weed-in-his-system?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7cda958c-89aa-4bce-bf73-e6b64a563cdbPost:98938110-972f-416b-adbd-6922cde095e5">Re: Miami Zombie only had weed in his system...</a>:
    [QUOTE]According to my internet research, the flashbacks or later trips are due to the neurological damage.  People just assumed that it was because the acid was in your spine.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

That makes more sense. But the other explanation sounds a lot cooler.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards