Snarky Brides

I'm a nosy wench

I'm facebook friends with a girl I went to college with.  She got married before me by about 2 years I think.  She has now changed her name back and untagged pictures of husband.  Does that mean she's divorced?  I'm feeling very nosy about the whole thing and can't find any memoirs about it on FB.

What things make you feel nosy and like you want to pry into the lives of people you know?
my read shelf:
Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale

Re: I'm a nosy wench

• When my boss is meeting privately with people in the room next door (basically when they are getting yelled at) I can stop typing and stop my fan and hear every damn word they are saying. I KNOW this is bad and I feel guilty about it but I hate most of the people I work with these days so it is therapy for me to hear them being called out on shiit. Do I get the nosy win?
  • I'm the same way about stuff on FB. A girl I went to HS, up and married a guy from FL right out of HS and they moved there for about a year. Then I see on FB her name has changed, and she's got pictures of another guy. Then a few months later, she's married to the new guy. I want to know where the first guy went. I considered sending her a message to find out.
  • I tried to FB stalk my ex after the awkward run-in last week.  But his profile is alllll locked up.  I want to know if he's married and if the super pregnant girl that was with him is KU with his baby or not. 
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm glad you are nosy wenches, too.  I feel better about it.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • I had a nosy wench moment.

I had to get a drug screening for my new job. There's a sign in sheet at the front desk. I noticed my ex-boyfriend's name on the sheet. I tried to get the on-staff nurse to reveal what company needed the test Foot in mouth
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • I reconnected with my ex SIL on FB. She's such a sweetheart. I moved away when I got divorced from my ex and my SIL and we didn't get to talk to each other. She found me on FB. She said she missed me and that her new SIL is a mini version of ex MIL, which is terrible. I remember my ex's new wife as being sweet. I am curious as to why she changed and just how bad she is now. I hope she doesn't treat my ex terrible. He deserves the best!

• I stalk registries.  I am curious as to what people ask for.  Weddings, babies, all of it.  Not in a judgy way, just a nosy way.

045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I met a guy in one of my college classes who seemed pretty cool.  We talked outside of class and started to become friends...  until he told me that he'd kill himself if I didn't break up with my bf (now FI) and date him.  I ended all contact with him and every once in a while I wonder how the crazy guy is doing, and whether or not he's got a girlfriend yet XD

imageimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm nosy about pretty much everything. I want to know what's going on with everyone. Even if I'm not involved in the drama, I want to hear about it. And usually, I'm good at getting information.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-nosy-wench?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6b4521c9-1289-475a-8009-715d116032a2Post:54ac1600-4f7b-4a61-99e8-2c203424b10d">Re: I'm a nosy wench</a>:
    [QUOTE]I tried to FB stalk my ex after the awkward run-in last week.  But his profile is alllll locked up.  I want to know if he's married and if the super pregnant girl that was with him is KU with his baby or not. 
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

I would be curious and try looking at his profile too
  • A bunch of people I used to know from high school or wherever have recently gotten married. I totally FB stalk them and compare their wedding to mine. Mine always wins but I think that I'm a little biased.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I admit to finding my exH on FB and periodically looking at what I can see on his profile. His first ex wife is on his friends list which makes me laugh. And I can still see he's lying about his career history. But I also see he's gone for a master's degree and that pisses me off.

I am easily distracted by noises (it's partly the ADHD), and I tend to listen to conversations without thinking about it. Drives J nuts when we're out.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • I may be FB dumb, but didn't you used to be able to join networks for cities?  I'm pretty sure when I tried to FB stalk the ex back in the day he had his profile open to people in a certain city.  A certain city that I now live in and feel comfortable joining the network for..... Can anyone help a nosy sister out?
  • account settings
    networks
    join network
    my read shelf:
  • Hrm, I shall look into this when I get home.  Or maybe I'll try now on my phone.  I am nosey after all.  Thanks NS.
  • You're welcome, chica.
    my read shelf:
  • Sooo, do they not do city networks anymore?  It's only saying School or workplace.  Boo.
  • Apparently not.  I'm sory I can't help you snoop.
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-nosy-wench?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6b4521c9-1289-475a-8009-715d116032a2Post:d449b948-58d0-4fd7-81a5-bcda38a2b4f6">Re: I'm a nosy wench</a>:
    [QUOTE]A bunch of people I used to know from high school or wherever have recently gotten married. I totally FB stalk them and compare their wedding to mine. Mine always wins but I think that I'm a little biased.
    Posted by RMacQueen[/QUOTE]
    i do that too. it's terrible.
    i'm a nosy facebooker too.
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well our wedding has beaten the weddings we've been to thus far.  Maybe being knotties makes our weddings better?  (Mine actually was better.)
    my read shelf:
  • Hmmm, apparently one must be friends with the ex in order to view his profile.  Dumb.  Oh well! 

One's wedding is best when there are actually knotties at it.
  • Yeah they cancelled city networks because it opened your profile up to too many people.  You know, because the new default privacy settings are so tight.  ::eye roll::

• Who Username is.

Too easy?

Ok, for real. I'll leave now. ♥
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Jenna- I always hope people put their ring pics on there when they get engaged too.
    I also stalk random people's wedding photos. Like a friend was tagged in an album of someone who I have no idea who it is. Thats always fun.
  • ya I'm a good FB stalker.  It's not even so much to read what they have written, but to look at people's pics.
    And just people watching in general.   When I'm out in public I am very distracted by people around me.  I love it when something good is being talked about..haha.
    Oh and definatley when there's meetings happening in the office.  I tend to have to walk to the water cooler more often to see if I can hear anything through the walls on the way by..
  • I facebook stalk my exes because it makes me happy that they are happy.
    That makes it ok, right?

Ex 1-Dating a cute lil redhead.  He has "that smile" back that he had with me.  It makes me happy.

Ex2- Married, I keep checking on him cause I'm waiting for them to get knocked up.  He was a butt, but I'm still glad he's happy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • After reading this thread, I'm nosy about Rick's amiable breakup. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards